Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1742
Resident slave-owner in Jamaica with family ties to Leith in Scotland, dying c. 1742.
- Will of George Garrioch planter of St Thomas proved 05/07/1742. He left an annuity of £50 p.a. to his mother Mrs Margaret Garrioch of Leith, and £500 to each of his three sisters and £100 to each of two brothers. He left his unnamed estate (almost certainly Leith Hall) in Jamaica to his brother John Garrioch (q.v.). In the margin at the top of the will is the word "Coruna", possibly a reference to Corunna estate in St Andrew.
We are grateful to Rita Lamb for her assistance with compiling this entry.
Associated Estates (2)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1742 [EA] - 1742 [LA] → Not known
- 1742 [EY] → Owner
Inferred by LBS to have been the estate left by George Garrioch in 1742 to his brother John Garrioch.