Profile & Legacies Summary
Overseer on Esher estate in St Mary, Jamaica, 1769-1773.
- Possibly the Rupert Mackay, "a planter in Jamaica, M. but no issue", son of Robert Mackay ("tutor of Farr, had a tack of Scourymore") and his second wife Janet (daughter of John Mackay of Kirtomy). This Rupert Mackay's brother Captain John of the 31st Foot, Auldany, married Jane Gray, sister of William Gray (q.v., d. 1778).
- Angus Mackay, The Book of Mackay (1906) p. 331.
We are grateful to James Brennan for his assistance with compiling this entry.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1769 [EA] - 1773 [LA] → Overseer