Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1814
Son-in-law of John Jarrett II (q.v.).
- Will of John Ashton of [the Grange] Weaverham Cheshire proved 31/12/1814. Under the will he rehearsed his marriage settlement of 1790 with Mary Jarrett and willed the £10,000 settled [by John Jarrett] to his own children Mary, Harriet, Herbert, William, Richard, Frederica and Julia. He was entitled to £16,600 in mortgages over Jamaica properties which he left in trust again for the benefit of his seven children, together with land in Staffordshire. The will appears to omit an older son, John, who reportedly died at Waterloo.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1799 [EA] - 1799 [LA] → Owner
Weaverham, Cheshire, North-West England, England