John Elbridge or Eldridge
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1738
Owner of a moiety of Spring estate in St Andrew, Jamaica, which he bought from his niece Rebecca Eldridge, and who in turn had inherited it from her father Aldworth Elbridge.
- Will of John Elbridge of Bristol proved 27/03/1739. In the will he left £10,000 each to his nephew Thomas Elbridge and niece Rebecca Woolnough, and £8000 to his sister's family in New England. He left £3000 in trust for the better establishment of a school Elbridge had founded on St Michael's Hill in Bristol, and £5000 to the infirmary in the parish of St James in Bristol.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1741 [EA] - 1741 [LA] → Joint owner
Bristol, Gloucestershire, South-west England, England