William Patrick Browne
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1789
- Lately, at Brown's Hall Jamaica, the Hon. William Patrick Browne, a member of his majesty's Privy Council, custos rotulorum and chief magistrate of the parishes of St Catherine, St Thomas-in-the-Vale, St Dorothy and St John; major general in the militia of that island and colonel-in-chief of the St Catherine regiment of foot. By his death, an estate of near 200,000 sterling has devolved to Charles Browne esq. of Reigate in Surrey.
- Scots Magazine Vol. 51 (Apr. 1789), p. 206.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1790 [EA] - 1791 [LA] → Lessee