Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1810
Rachel or Rachell Yeamans, daughter of William Yeamans of Antigua. She married successively (1) James Emra of Nevis in 1749; (2) William Woodley Parson of St Kitts; and (3) Major Lockhart Russell c. 1773. She died c. 1809, probably in Antigua.
- Will of Rachel Russell widow of Great Keppel Street Russell Square (made in 1808) proved 30/06/1810. Under the will she left an annuity of £20 currency p.a. to 'the Black Lockhart' on Mill Hill and freed him after her death, requesting that whoever became the owner of the estate should allow him to continue to live without charge in the house he then occupied on the estate. She also 'recommended the care of my little mulatto girl Mary Ann Bell who is residing with me' to her niece Rachel Yeamans Mackinnon, wife of Daniel Mackinnon now residing in Charlotte Street Portland Place. A codicil of 1809 showed her back in Antigua, when she provided for the return to England of her niece Elizabeth Eliot then residing with her and of Mary Bell 'a mulatto girl lately arrived with me from England', the latter to be put under the care of Rachel Russell's friend Daniel Mackinnon.
Vere Langford Oliver History of Antigua Vol. III p. 61 'Russell Family.'
- PROB 11/1512/507.
Major Lockhart Russell
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1797 [SY] - 1810 [EY] → Tenant-for-life
Great Keppel Street, Russell Square, London, Middlesex, London, England