James Nibbs of Upton House
Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1822
'Of Marble Hill later of Upton House ', son of Samuel Nibbs of Dickinsons Bay (d. 1766) and his first wife Frances Knight, and cousin of James Langford Nibbs senior (q.v.).
- Administration of the will of James Nibbs formerly of the island of Antigua and late of Upton House in the county of Southampton was granted 30/05/1823 after the death of his widow Sarah. The main beneficiaries under James Nibbs's will after his wife were Bertie Enwisle Jarvis as tenant-for-life and then the Rev. George Nibbs Vicar of Cutcombe and George Langford Nibbs. The will does not name his estates in Antigua but wills them as a whole in trust.
Vere Langford Oliver, History of Antigua Vol. II part II pp. 292-293.
- PROB 11/1671/258.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1787 [EA] - 1822 [EY] → Owner
Upton House, Nursling, Hampshire, Wessex, England