UCL Laws Professors lead nationwide debate on ethical leadership
22 February 2016
Calling all in-house lawyers – join the debate about improving in-house practice
In 2015, a major new project was launched to research and engage in-house lawyers on the role of the General Counsel in the context of Ethical Leadership. The project is led by Professor Richard Moorhead, Professor Stephen Mayson both of UCL Centre for Ethics and Law (CELs), Paul Gilbert of LBC Wise Counsel and Steven Vaughan of the Centre for Professional Legal Education and Research (CEPLER).
In 2015, the first phase of the project was to undertake an online survey of in-house counsel. The full results of the survey will be published this year along with the commentary of in-house lawyers in conversation with the project team.
The project team invites all in-house lawyers, regardless of sector, team size or seniority, to attend a round-table “town hall” conversation and to be part of the debate. The meetings will be held in March, April, May and June. Emerging themes from the survey will be shared and crucially this is a unique opportunity for your views to be heard. Each conversation will be under the Chatham House rule so everyone can speak freely without attribution.
Dates and venues:
- 7 March 8am to 10am Sheffield at the offices of Irwin Mitchell
- 7 March 5pm to 7pm Birmingham at the offices of Irwin Mitchell
- 9 March 5pm to 7pm Manchester at the offices of Irwin Mitchell
- 10 March 8am to 10am London at the offices of Irwin Mitchell
- 10 March 5pm to 7pm London at the offices of Irwin Mitchell
- 20 April 5pm to 7pm London at the offices of Bevan Brittan
- 21 April 12.30 – 2.30 Leeds at the offices of Bevan Brittan
- 26 April 8am to 10am Bristol at the offices of Bevan Brittan
- 26 April 5pm to 7pm Bristol at the offices of Bevan Brittan
- 11 May 430pm to 630pm Birmingham at the offices of Bevan Brittan
- 2 June 6pm to 8pm London at the offices of Norton Rose Fulbright
There is no fee to attend the meetings. In order to secure your place at the table, please email Tina Harris email@example.com or Paul Gilbert firstname.lastname@example.org indicating which meeting you wish to attend. They will then confirm your place and full venue details.