The Research Engagement and Impact Committee (REIC) supports IOE in achieving its strategic plan objectives in relation to public engagement with research and the impact of research in wider society.
Chaired by IOE’s Academic Head of Engagement and Impact (Dr Becky Taylor), REIC supports Departmental Leads of Engagement and Impact (LEIDs) with their work in developing a strong impact culture within IOE. It promotes academic expectations for appropriate public engagement and impact activity, and informs and encourages the development of IOE’s infrastructure to support these research impact expectations. In addition, the committee shares and celebrates successful practices in maximising public engagement and research impact, and supports preparations for future Research Excellence Framework (REF) submissions.
REIC meets termly, works within IOE’s Research Strategic Plan, reports through IOE’s Research Committee to the Pro-Director Research and Development (Professor Lynn Ang) and actively collaborates with UCL Research, Innovation & Global Engagement as well as with other academic and professional services staff within IOE and UCL, external advisors and partners as required. Membership is broadly representative and through the establishment of working groups for specific tasks and discussion forums, it will seek to ensure the involvement of staff from across our research community.
- Chair: Dr Becky Taylor
Leads for Engagement and Impact
- Department of Culture, Communication and Media – Professor Alison Clark-Wilson
- Department of Curriculum, Practice and Assessment – Dr Rebecca Hale
- Department of Learning and Leadership – Dr Claire Crawford
- Department of Education, Practice and Society – Vacant
- Psychology and Human Development Department – Dr Rebecca Gordon
- UCL Social Research Institute – Professor Alice Sullivan
- Amy Beckett, Evaluation and Insights Manager (UCL Public Policy) and Impact Manager (Research and Institutional)
- Emma Wisby, Director of Policy and Public Affairs, IOE
- Jacob Leveridge, Deputy Director of Research Facilitation (LASH and IOE)
- Jason Ilagan, Senior Digital Communications Manager, IOE
- Nazlin Bhimani, Research Support and Special Collections Librarian, IOE Library
- Rhoda Furniss, Enterprise Officer, IOE
- Sarah-Jane Gregori, Communications Manager, IOE
- Steve Morrison, Senior Research Facilitator (LASH and IOE)
- Tadhg Caffrey, UCL Head of Impact (Research and Institution) (Interim)
- Tatiana Souteiro Dias, Research Development Manager, IOE