‘Stuck’ schools: Launch of the final report
07 June 2022, 4:00 pm–5:30 pm
Join this launch event to hear Jo Hutchinson and Dr Bernie Munoz present the main findings and policy implications of this two-year research project funded by the Nuffield Foundation.
This event is free.
In this webinar, Jo and Bernie will explore if receiving a series of below good Ofsted ratings can act as a barrier for improvement. More precisely, they will highlight how the report answered the research question ‘Can a series of below good Ofsted grades prevent sustainable improvement?’, by exploring the characteristics and trajectories of ‘stuck’ schools.
- 4:00-4:05pm - Welcome and presentations of the panellists: Ruth Maisey. Programme Head, Education, Nuffield Foundation.
- 4:05-4:25pm - Main findings quantitative phase: Jo Hutchinson, Education Policy Institute.
- 4:25-4:45pm - Main findings qualitative phase: Dr Bernie Munoz, IOE, UCL's Faculty of Education and Society.
- 4:45-5:00pm - Headteachers perspectives on the main findings: Karen Fagg, Park Primary School (Doncaster) and Kieran Scanlon, Principal, Sir Robert Woodard Academy.
- 5:00: 5:10pm - A policy maker perspective on the main findings: Alex Jones, Director, Insights and Research Ofsted.
- 5:10-5:20pm - A school improvement perspective on the main findings: Sonia Innes, Education Director VNET Education CIC.
- 5:20-5:30pm - Q&A led by Prof Melanie Ehren, Free University of Amsterdam.
This event will be particularly useful for those interested in accountability, Ofsted and inspection.
About the Speakers
Director for social mobility and vulnerable learners at Education Policy InstituteMore about Jo Hutchinson
Dr Bernie Munoz
Principal Research Fellow at IOE, UCLMore about Dr Bernie Munoz