This is an indicative list. Please refer to individual IRIS profiles for more information.
- Areces, D., Dockrell, J., García, T., González-Castro, P., & Rodríguez, C. (2018). Analysis of cognitive and attentional profiles in children with and without ADHD using an innovative virtual reality tool. PLoS One, 13 (8), e0201039.
- Arfé, B., Dockrell, J. E., & De Bernardi, B. (2016). The effect of language specific factors on early written composition: the role of spelling, oral language and text generation skills in a shallow orthography. Reading and Writing.
- Bassetti, B., Masterson, J., Cerni, T. & Mairano, P. (in press). Orthographic forms affect speech perception in a second language: Consonant and vowel length in EnglishL2. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance.
- Bassetti, B., Mairano, P., Masterson, J. & Cerni, T. (2020). Effects of orthographic forms on L2 speech production and phonological awareness, with consideration of speaker-level predictors. Language Learning.
- Best, W., Hughes, L.M., Masterson, J., Thomas, M.S.C., Howard, D., Kapikian, A., & Shobbrook, K. (2020). Understanding differing outcomes from semantic and phonological interventions with children with word-finding difficulties: a group and case series study Cortex.
- Best, W., Hughes, L.M., Masterson, J., Thomas, M., Fedor, A., Roncoli, S., Fern-Pollak, L., Shepherd, D-L., Howard, D., Shobbrook, K. (2018). Intervention for children with word-finding difficulty: A parallel group randomised control trial. International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology.
- Bakopoulou, I., & Dockrell, J. E. (2016). The role of social cognition and prosocial behaviour in relation to the socio-emotional functioning of primary aged children with specific language impairment. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 49-50, 354–370.
- Balladares, J., Marshall, C., & Griffiths, Y. (2016). Socio-economic status affects sentence repetition, but not non-word repetition, in Chilean preschoolers. First Language.
- Basma, B., & Savage, R. (2018). Teacher Professional Development and Student Literacy Growth: a Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Educational Psychology Review. doi:10.1007/s10648-017-9416-4
- Best, W., Fedor, A., Hughes, L., Kapikian, A., Masterson, J., Roncoli, S., Thomas, M. S. C.(2015). Intervening to alleviate word-finding difficulties in children: case series data and a computational modelling foundation. Cognitive Neuropsychology, 32(3-4), 133–168.
- Botting, N., Jones, A., Marshall, C. R., Denmark, T., Atkinson, J., & Morgan, G. (2016). Nonverbal executive function is mediated by language: A study of deaf and hearing children. Child Development.
- Costa, H. M., Outhwaite, L., & Van Herwegen, J. (2021). Teachers’ Perceptions, Practices, and Beliefs of Early Mathematics in Preschool. Preprint.
- Côté, M-F., Savage, R. S., & Petscher, Y. (2021). Cross-linguistic transfer of reading between English and French among Grade 1 students attending French Immersion programs. Scientific Studies of Reading.
- Cerni, T., Bassetti, B., & Masterson, J. (2019). Effects of orthographic forms on the acquisition of novel spoken words in a second language. Frontiers in Communication, 4, 31.
- Carroll, C., & Hurry, J. (2018). Supporting pupils in school with social, emotional and mental health needs: a scoping review of the literature. Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, 1-16. doi:10.1080/13632752.2018.1452590
- Connelly, D. M., Dockrell, J. E., Shield, B. M., Conetta, R., & Cox, T. J. (2015). Students’ Perceptions of School Acoustics and the Impact of Noise on Teaching and Learning in Secondary Schools: Findings of a Questionnaire Survey. Energy Procedia, 78, 3114–3119.
- Connolly, D., Dockrell, J., Shield, B., Conetta, R., Mydlarz, C., & Cox, T. (2019). The effects of classroom noise on the reading comprehension of adolescents. J Acoust Soc Am, 145 (1).
- Cowan, R., Hurry, J., & Midouhas, E. (2017). The relationship between learning mathematics and general cognitive ability in primary school. The British Journal of Developmental Psychology, The British journal of developmental psychology, 12 August 2017.
- Cowan, R. (2015). Education. In R. C. Kadosh & A. Dowker (Eds.), The Oxford handbook of numerical cognition. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
- Cowan, R. J. (2015). Number skills in primary school: development and individual differences.
- Dimitriadis, C., Paliakosta, P. & Van Herwegen, J. (in press). Twice-Exceptional Students of Mathematics: What Do the Teachers Know? Roeper Review, ISSN (print) 0278-3193
- Dobinson, K. L., & Dockrell, J. E. (2021). Universal strategies for the improvement of expressive language skills in the primary classroom: A systematic review. First Language, 014272372198947.
- Dockrell, J. E., Papadopoulos, T. C., Mifsud, C. L., Bourke, L., Vilageliu, O., Bešić, E., . . . Gerdzhikova, N. (2021). Teaching and learning in a multilingual Europe: findings from a cross-European study. European Journal of Psychology of Education.
- Dockrell, J., Law, J., Mathers, S., Forrest, C., & Charlton, J. (2020). Talking With Your Children: Activities For Parents to Help Nursery Children's Speaking and Listening Skills. London, UK: UCL Institute of Education.
- D’Souza, D., & Filippi, R. (2017). Progressive modularization: Reframing our understanding of typical and atypical language development. First Language
- Dockrell, J. E., Connelly, V., & Arfè, B. (2019). Struggling writers in elementary school: Capturing drivers of performance. Learning and Instruction, 60, 75-84.
- Dockrell, J. E & Hurry, J (2018).The identification of speech and language problems in elementary school: Diagnosis and co-occurring needs. Research in Developmental Disabilities.
- Dockrell, J. E., Howell P., Leung D., Fugard A. J. B. (2017). Children with Speech Language and Communication Needs in England: Challenges for Practice. Frontiers in Education, 2(35).
- Dockrell, J. E., & Howell, P. (2016). Identifying the challenges and opportunities to meet the needs of children with speech, language and communication difficulties. British Journal of Special Education, 42(4), 411–428.
- Dockrell, J. E., Marshall, C. R., & Wyse, D. (2016). Teachers’ reported practices for teaching writing in England. Reading and Writing, 29(3), 409–434.
- Dockrell, J., E., Marshall, J. E. & Wyse, D. (2015). Evaluation of “Talk for Writing.”
- Dockrell, J. E. and Marshall, C. R. (2015), Measurement Issues: Assessing language skills in young children. Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 20, 116–125.
- Dockrell, J. E., Bakopoulou, I., Law, J., Spencer, S., & Lindsay, G. (2015). Capturing communication supporting classrooms: The development of a tool and feasibility study. Child Language Teaching and Therapy.
- Donovan, J. L., & Marshall, C. R. (2016). Comparing the Verbal Self-Reports of Spelling Strategies Used by Children With and Without Dyslexia. International Journal of Disability, Development and Education, 63(1), 27–44.
- Farran, E.K., Bowler, A., D’Souza, H., Mayall, L., Sumner, E., Brady, D., ...Hill, E.L. (2020). Is the motor impairment in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) a co-occurring deficit or a phenotypic characteristic? Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders, 4, 253-270.
- Fletcher, J. M., Savage, R. S., & Vaughn, S. (2021). A commentary on Bowers (2020) and the role of phonics instruction in reading. Educational Psychology Review.
- Filippi, R. (2018). Bilingual cognition and language: The state of the science across its subfield. FIRST LANGUAGE, 38 (6), 669-671.
- Filippi, R, D'Souza, D, & Bright, P. (2018). A Developmental Approach to Bilingual Research: The Effects of Multi-language Experience from Early Infancy to Old Age. International Journal of Bilingualism (2018) (In Press)., International Journal of Bilingualism.
- Filippi, R., Morris, J., Richardson, F., Bright, P., Thomas, M.S.C, Karmiloff-Smith, A., and Marian, V. (2015). Bilingual children show an advantage in controlling verbal interference during spoken language comprehension. Bilingualism: Language & Cognition, 18(03), 490-501.
- Folke, T., Ouzia, J., Bright, P., De Martino, B. & Filippi, R. (2016). A Bilingual Disadvantage in Metacognitive processing. Cognition, 150, 119-132
- Georgiou, G., Savage, R., Dunn, K., Bowers, P., & Parrila, R. (2021). Examining the effects of Structured Word Inquiry on the reading and spelling skills of persistently poor grade 3 readers. Journal of Research in Reading (special issue on morphological development), 44, 1, 131-153.
- Gulamani, S., Marshall, C. R., & Morgan, G. (in press). The challenges of viewpoint-taking when learning a sign language: Data from the “frog story” in British sign language. Second Language Research.
- Goodacre, K., & Sumner, E. (2020). Overcoming the hurdles: Understanding motivation and supporting adult learners with poor literacy and dyslexia in the homelessness sector. Dyslexia, 27, 79-93.
- Gordon, R., Smith-Spark, J. H., Newton, E. J., & Henry, L. A. (2020). Working memory and high-level cognition in children: An analysis of timing and accuracy in complex span tasks. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology.
- Gordon, R., Smith-Spark, J. H., Newton, E. J., & Henry, L. A. (2018). Executive Function and Academic Achievement in Primary School Children: The Use of Task-Related Processing Speed. Frontiers in Psychology, 9. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00582
- Graham, S., Fisher, L., Hofweber, J. and Krüsemann, H. (2020). Getting creative in the languages classroom. In: K. Kohl, R. Dudrah, A. Gosler, S. Graham, M. Maiden, W.-C. Ouyang, and M. Reynolds (eds.), Creative Multilingualism: A Manifesto. Open Book Publisher, pp. 151-176.
- Gutierrez-Sigut, E., Daws, R., Payne, H., Blott, J., Marshall, C., & MacSweeney, M. (2015). Language lateralization of hearing native signers: A functional transcranial Doppler sonography (fTCD) study of speech and sign production. Brain and Language, 151, 23–34.
- Hoxha, D., & Sumner E. (2021). Examining literacy, motivational and environmental factors that relate to reading performance for children with English as a first or additional language. Language Learning Journal.
- Hofweber, J., Marinis, T., & Treffers-Daller, J. (2020). How different code-switching types modulate bilinguals’ executive functions-a dual control mode perspective. Bilingualism: Language and Cognition, 23(4), 909-925.
- Hofweber, J., Marinis, T., & Treffers-Daller, J. (2020). Experimentally induced language modes and regular code-switching habits boost bilinguals' executive performance: evidence from a within-subject paradigm. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 2897.
- Hofweber, J., Marinis, T., & Treffers-Daller, J. (2019). Predicting executive functions in bilinguals using ecologically valid measures of code-switching behaviour. In: I. A. Sekerina, L. Spradlin, V. Valian (eds.), Bilingualism, Executive Functions, and Beyond. Questions and Insights. Benjamins.
- Hofweber, J., Graham, S. (2017). Linguistic creativity in language learning: Investigating the impact of creative text materials and teaching approaches in the second language classroom. Scottish Languages Review, 33, 19-28
- Hofweber, J., Marinis, T. & Treffers-Daller, J. (2016). The effects of dense code-switching on bilinguals’ executive functions. Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism, 6 (5), 648 –668.
- Holliman, A. J., Hurry, J., & Bodman, S. (2016). Children’s reading profiles on exiting the Reading Recovery programme: do they predict sustained progress? Journal of Research in Reading, 39(1), 1–18.
- Hurry, J., & Rogers, L. (2014). Education, training and employment in prison and post-release. London Review of Education, 12, 159-161.
- Hurry, J., Lawrence, P., Wilson, A., & Plant, J. (2014). Write To Be Heard: supporting offender learning through creative writing.
- Jones, A., Atkinson, J., Marshall, C. R., Botting, N., St Clair, M., & Morgan, G. (2020). The role of language in the development of executive functions: Insights from deafness. Child Development, 91, e400-e414.
- Joye, N., Dockrell, J., & Marshall, C. R. (2020). The spelling errors of French and English students with developmental language disorder at the end of primary school. Frontiers in Psychology (Language Sciences).
- Johnson, McNally, Rolfe, Ruiz-Valenzuela, Savage, Vousden & Wood, 2018. Teaching Assistants, Computers and Classroom Management: Evidence from a Randomised Control Trial, CEP Discussion Papers dp1562, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Jones, A., Toscano, E., Botting, N., Marshall, C. R., Atkinson, J., Denmark, T., Herman, R., & Morgan, G. (2016). Narrative skills in deaf children who use spoken English: Dissociations between macro and microstructural devices. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 59, 268-282.
- Joye, N., Broc, L., Olive, T. & Dockrell J.(2018) Spelling Performance in Children with Developmental Language Disorder: A Meta-Analysis across European Languages. Scientific Studies of Reading.
- Jones, A., Atkinson, J., Marshall, C. R., Botting, N., St Clair, M., & Morgan, G. (2020). Expressive vocabulary predicts non-verbal executive function: a 2-year longitudinal study of deaf and hearing children. Child Development.
- Knudsen, H. B. S., Donau, P. S., Mifsud, C., Papadopoulos, T. C., & Dockrell, J. E. (2020). Multilingual Classrooms—Danish Teachers’ Practices, Beliefs and Attitudes. Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research, 1-16.
- Kerrigan, L., Thomas, M.S.C., Bright, P., & Filippi, R. (2016). Evidence of an advantage in visuospatial memory for bilingual compared to monolingual speakers. Bilingualism: Language & Cognition, 1-11
- Lindsay, G., Wedell, K., & Dockrell, J. E. (2020). Editorial: Warnock, 40 Years On: Challenges for Special Educational Needs. Frontiers in Education, 5.
- Lindsay, G., Wedell, K., & Dockrell, J. (2020). Warnock 40 Years on: The Development of Special Educational Needs Since the Warnock Report and Implications for the Future. Frontiers in Education, 4.
- Llaurado, A., & Dockrell, J. E. (2020). The Impact of Orthography on Text Production in Three Languages: Catalan, English, and Spanish. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, ARTN 878.
- Llaurado, A., & Tolchinsky, L. (2015). The developmental pattern of spelling in Catalan from first to fifth school grade. Writing Systems Research, 1–20.
- Lindsay, G., Ricketts, J., Peacey, L. V., Dockrell, J. E., & Charman, T. (2016). Meeting the educational and social needs of children with language impairment or autism spectrum disorder: the parents’ perspectives. International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders, 51(5), 495–507.
- McBreen, M., & Savage, R. S. (2021). The impact of motivational reading instruction on the reading achievement and motivation of elementary school students: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Educational Psychology Review.
- McBreen, M., & Savage, R. S. (2021). The impact of a cognitive and motivational reading intervention on the reading achievement and motivation for students at-risk for reading difficulties. Learning Disability Quarterly.
- McNally, S., Valenzuela, J-R., Savage, R. S., Rolfe, H.M., Vousden, J., Wood, C., & Johnson, H. (2019). Teaching assistants, computers and classroom management: Evidence from a Randomised Control Trial in England. Labour Economics, 58, 21-36.
- Motamedi, Y., Murgiano, M., Perniss, P., Wonnacott, E., Marshall, C. R., Goldin-Meadow, S., & Vigliocco, G. (in press). Bootstrapping language through sensory experience: onomatopoeia in early language development. Developmental Science.
- Marshall, C. R., Bel, A., Gulamani, S., & Morgan, G. (2021). How are signed languages learned as second languages? Language and Linguistics Compass. 15(1), e12403
- Munoz Chereau, B., Ang, L., Outhwite, L., Dockrell, J., & Heffernan, C. (2021). Measuring Early Child Development across Low and Middle-Income Countries: A Systematic Review. Journal of Early Childhood Research.
- Marshall, C. R. (2020). Investigating the relationship between syntactic and short term/working memory impairments in children with developmental disorders is not a straightforward endeavour. First Language, 40, 491-499.
- Mengisidou, M., Marshall, C. R., & Stavrakaki, S. (2020). Semantic fluency difficulties in Greek children with dyslexia and/or developmental language disorder: Poor lexical-semantic structure or slower retrieval processes? International Journal of Language and Communication Disorders, 55, 200-215.
- Mengisidou, M., & Marshall, C. R. (2019). Deficient explicit access to phonological representations explains phonological fluency difficulties in Greek children with dyslexia and/or developmental language disorder. Frontiers in Psychology (Language Sciences). 10:638.
- Marshall, C. R. (Ed.) (2016). Language development and developmental language disorders: A special issue in honour of Heather van der Lely. First Language.
- Marshall, C. R., & Hobsbaum, A. (2015). Sign-Supported English: is it effective at teaching vocabulary to young children with English as an Additional Language? International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders.
- Marshall, C., Jones, A., Denmark, T., Mason, K., Atkinson, J., Botting, N., & Morgan, G. (2015). Deaf children’s non-verbal working memory is impacted by their language experience. Frontiers in Psychology, 6.
- Marshall, C. R., Jones, A., Fastelli, A., Atkinson, J., Botting, N. and Morgan, G. (2018). Semantic fluency in deaf children who use spoken and signed language in comparison with hearing peers. International Journal of Language & Communication Disorders.
- Marshall, C. R., Mason, K., Rowley, K., Herman, R., Atkinson, J., Woll, B. & Morgan, G. (2015). Sentence repetition in deaf children with specific language impairment in British Sign Language. Language Learning and Development, 11, 237-251.
- Marshall, C. R. & Morgan, G. (2016, April). Raising and educating deaf children. Specific language impairment in deaf and hard-of-hearing children who use a signed language. (eBulletin)
- Marshall, C. R. & Morgan, G. (2015). From gesture to sign language: Conventionalisation of classifier constructions by adult hearing learners of BSL. Topics in Cognitive Science, 7, 61-80.
- Masterson, J., & Roncoli, S. (2016). ‘Unexpected’ spelling difficulty in a ten-year-old child with good reading skills: An intervention case study. Writing Systems Research. doi:10.1080/17586801.2016.1159539
- Niolaki, G.Z., Terzopoulos, A.R., Vousden, J., Taylor, L., Hall, S. & Masterson, J. (2021). Predictors of single word spelling in English-speaking children: A cross-sectional study. Journal of Research in Reading.
- Niolaki, G., Terzopoulos, A., & Masterson, J. (2020). Intervention for a visual attention span processing deficit in a Greek-speaking child with slow reading speed. Preschool and Primary Education, 7(3).
- Niolaki, G. Z., Terzopoulos, A. R., & Masterson, J. (2017). A sublexical training study for spelling in a biliterate Greek- and English-speaking child. Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, 27(4), 540-562.
- Ouzia, J., Filippi, R. (2016). The bilingual advantage in the auditory domain: new directions in methodology and theory. In: The cognitive control of multiple languages in one mind: Empirical studies and new directions (John W. Schwieter Eds.)
- Partanen, P., Costa, H.M., & Van Herwegen, J. (2021). The role of Working Memory, Processing Speed and Approximate Number System abilities in low maths achievement among preschoolers (preprint).
- Prunty, M., & Sumner, E. (2021). Handwriting difficulties. In R. Booth, T. Murphy, K. Zebracki (Eds.), Paediatric Neuropsychology within the Multidisciplinary Context: A Guide for Clinicians, Academics and Students. Mac Keith Press.
- Ranzato, E., Tolmie, A., & Van Herwegen, J. (in press). Perceptual and Conceptual Subitizing in Williams syndrome and Down syndrome: insights from eye movements. RIDD, special issue.
- Ross, W., Vallee-Tourangeau, F., & Van Herwegen, J. (2019). Mental Arithmetic and Interactivity: The Effect of Manipulating External Number Representations on Older Children’s Mental Arithmetic Success. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education.
- Savage, R. S. (2020). The Simple View of Reading: A scientific framework for effective teaching. The Reading League Journal, 1, 41-45.
- Savage, R. S., Georgiou, G., Parrila, R., Maiorino, K., Dunn, K., & Burgos, G. (2020). The effects of teaching complex grapheme-phoneme correspondences: Evidence from a dual site cluster trial with at-risk grade 2 students. Scientific Studies of Reading, 24, 321-337.
- Savage, R. S., Georgiou, G., Parrila, R., Maiorini, K. M., Dunn, K., & Burgos, J. (2019). Promising new interventions for children who are at-risk of dyslexia. Dyslexia Review, 29, 2, 8-11.
- Savage, R. S., & Pace, A. (2019a). Linguistic and reading comprehension in simultaneous dual language instruction: Evidence against unitary constructs. International Journal of Bilingualism, 23, 118–137.
- Savage, R. S., & Pace, A. (2019b). Similarities and dissimilarities in the teaching of English and French in dual language instructional settings. International Journal of Bilingualism and Bilingual Education, 23, 8, 872-887.
- Simms, V., Karmiloff-Smith, A., & Van Herwegen, J. (2020). Understanding number line estimation in Williams Syndrome and Down Syndrome. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disabilities 50(2), 583-591.
- Stuart, N. J., Connelly, V., & Dockrell, J. E. (2020). Written verb use and diversity in children with Developmental Language Disorder: stepping stones to academic writing. Reading and Writing.
- Sumner, E., Crane, L., & Hill, E. L. (2020). Examining academic confidence and study support needs for university students with dyslexia and/or developmental coordination disorder. Dyslexia, 27, 94-109.
- Sumner, E., Hutton, S.B., Hill, E. (2020). Subtle oculomotor difficulties and their relation to motor skills in children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders.
- Sumner, E., & Connelly, V. (2020). Writing and revision strategies of students with dyslexia. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 53, 189-198.
- Sumner, E., Connelly, V. (2020). Writing. In Hupp, S., Jewell, J. (Eds.), The Encyclopedia of Child and Adolescent Development. John Wiley & Sons.
- Savage, R., Georgiou, G., Parrila, R., & Maiorino, K. (2018). Preventative Reading Interventions Teaching Direct Mapping of Graphemes in Texts and Set-for-Variability Aid At-Risk Learners. Scientific Studies of Reading, 1-23.
- Savage, R. S., McBreen, M., Genessee, F., Erdos, C., Haigh, C., & Nair, A. (2018). Rapid automatic naming predicts more than sublexical fluency: Evidence from English-French bilinguals. Learning and Individual Differences. doi:10.1016/j.lindif.2018.02.001
- Stuart, M. & Stainthorp, R. (2016). Reading Development and Teaching. London: Sage Publications Ltd.
- Sumner, E., Leonard, H. C., & Hill, E. L. (2018). Comparing Attention to Socially-Relevant Stimuli in Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental Coordination Disorder. Journal of abnormal child psychology. doi:10.1007/s10802-017-0393-3
- Sumner, E., Pratt, M. L., & Hill, E. L. (2016). Examining the cognitive profile of children with Developmental Coordination Disorder. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 56, 10-17. doi:10.1016/j.ridd.2016.05.012
- Sumner, E., Hutton, S. B., Kuhn, G., & Hill, E. L. (2016). Oculomotor atypicalities in Developmental Coordination Disorder. Developmental Science. doi:10.1111/desc.12501
- Sumner, E., Leonard, H. C., & Hill, E. L. (2016). Overlapping Phenotypes in Autism Spectrum Disorder and Developmental Coordination Disorder: A Cross-Syndrome Comparison of Motor and Social Skills. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 46 (8), 2609-2620. doi:10.1007/s10803-016-2794-5
- Treffers-Daller, J., Ruijendijk, E., Hofweber, J. (2021). Editorial: Behavioral and neurophysiological approaches to code-switching and language switching. Frontiers in Psychology, 11.
- Treffers-Daller, J., Ongun, Z., Hofweber, J., & Korenar, M. (2020). Explaining individual differences in Executive Functions performance in multilinguals: the impact of code-switching and alternating between Multicultural Identity Styles. Frontiers in Psychology, 11.
- Thomas, M.S.C., Fedor, A., Davis, R., Yang, J., Alireza, H., Charman, T., Masterson, J. & Best, W. (2019). Computational modelling of interventions for developmental disorders. Psychological Review.
- Terzopoulos, A., Niolaki, G. & Masterson, J. (2018). Intervention for a lexical reading and spelling difficulty in two Greek-speaking primary age children. Neuropsychological Rehabilitation, 1-22.
- Terzopoulos, A. R., Duncan, L. G., Wilson, M. A. J., Niolaki, G. Z., & Masterson, J. (2016). HelexKids: A word frequency database for Greek and Cypriot primary school children. Behavior Research Methods.
- van den Bedem, N. P., Dockrell, J. E., van Alphen, P. M., & Rieffe, C. (2020). Emotional competence mediates the relationship between communication problems and reactive externalizing problems in children with and without developmental language disorder: A longitudinal study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17 (16), 1-19.
- Van Herwegen, J., Ranzato, E., Karmiloff-Smith, A., & Simms, V. (2020). Foundations of mathematical development in Williams syndrome and Down syndrome. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities 33(5), 1080-1089.
- Van Herwegen, J. & Simms, V. (2020). Mathematical development in Williams syndrome: A systematic review. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 100:103609.
- Van Herwegen, J., Ranzato, E., Karmiloff-Smith, A., & Simms, V. (2019). Eye movement patterns and approximate number sense task performance in Williams syndrome and Down syndrome: a developmental perspective. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disabilities 49(10),4030-4038.
- van den Bedem, N. P., Dockrell, J. E., van Alphen, P. M., Kalicharan, S. V., & Rieffe, C. (2018). Victimization, Bullying, and Emotional Competence: Longitudinal Associations in (Pre)Adolescents With and Without Developmental Language Disorder. J Speech Lang Hear Res, 1-17.
- Wood, K., Wood, E., Gottardo, A., Archer, K., Savage, R., & Piquette, N. (2020). Workshop training to facilitate parent-child instructional opportunities for reading and social development with kindergarten students. Journal of Research in Childhood Education.
- Yeung, S., & Savage, R.S. (2020). Teaching grapheme-phoneme correspondences using a Direct Mapping approach for at-risk second language learners: A randomized control trial. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 53, 2, 131–144.