Islet Transplantation, Type 1 Diabetes and eating disorders, and hypoglycaemia.
Dr Rosenthal has a special interest in the mechanism and treatment of hypoglycaemia in Type 1 diabetes and has extensive experience in the use of continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion and continuous glucose monitoring. Her practise includes work in the management of eating disorders and diabetes, obesity and diabetes, antenatal diabetes and diabetic foot disease. She is interested in the interplay of diabetes and the management of diabetes in those patients with multiple co morbidities. Her research interests include aetiology of type 1 diabetes and also treatment of eating disorders in diabetes.
- Selected publications
- Whitelock V, Nouwen A, Houben K, van den Akker O, Rosenthal M, Higgs S. Does working memory training improve dietary self-care in type 2 diabetes mellitus? Results of a double blind randomised controlled trial. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2018. 143:204-214
- Jeevarethinam A, Venuraju S, Dumo A, Ruano S, Rosenthal M, Nair D, Cohen M, Darko D, Lahiri A, Rakhit R. Usefulness of Carotid Plaques as Predictors of Obstructive Coronary Artery Disease and Cardiovascular Events in Asymptomatic Individuals With Diabetes Mellitus. Am J Cardiol. 2018. 121(8):910-916
- Brouwers MC, Ham JC, Wisse E, Misra S, Landewe S, Rosenthal M, Patel D, Oliver N, Bilo HJ, Murphy E. Elevated lactate levels in patients with poorly regulated type 1 diabetes and glycogenic hepatopathy: a new feature of Mauriac syndrome. Diabetes Care. 2015. 38(2):e11-2
- Hughes SJ, Bateman PA, Cross SE, Brandhorst D, Brandhorst H, Spiliotis I, Ballav C, Rosenthal M, Rutter MK, Shaw J, Gough S, Johnson PRV. Does Islet Size Really Influence Graft Function After Clinical Islet Transplantation? Transplantation. 2018. 102(11):1857-1863
- Jeevarethinam A, Venuraju S, Dumo A, Ruano S, Mehta VS, Rosenthal M, Nair D, Cohen M, Darko D, Lahiri A, Rakhit R. Relationship between carotid atherosclerosis and coronary artery calcification in asymptomatic diabetic patients: A prospective multicenter study. Clin Cardiol. 2017. 40(9):752-758
- Oram RA, Brooks AM, Forbes S, Eckoldt S, Smith RM, Choudhary P, Rosenthal MJ, Johnson P, Rutter MK, Burling KA, McDonald TJ, Shaw JA, Hattersley AT. Home urine C-peptide creatinine ratio can be used to monitor islet transplant function. Diabetes Care. 2014. 37(6):1737-40
- Kenefeck R, Wang CJ, Kapadi T, Wardzinski L, Attridge K, Clough LE, Heuts F, Kogimtzis A, Patel S, Rosenthal M, Ono M, Sansom DM, Narendran P, Walker LS. Follicular helper T cell signature in type 1 diabetes. J Clin Invest. 2015. 125(1):292-303.