Equality: The New Legal Framework Revisited
28 October 2014, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
UCL Labour Rights Institute
This panel discussion will be opened by Professor Bob Hepple’s presentation of his latest work: Equality – The Legal Framework (2nd ed., Hart, 2014), and his analysis of the main developments in the UK Equality Law framework since the adoption of the Equality Act 2010.
His analysis will be followed by a discussion focusing predominantly on the many outstanding issues that, partly due to the partial and incomplete implementation of the EqA 2010, the next post-election Government may have to address to combat inequalities in the UK labour market and in society at large.
This panel discussion is part of a series on ‘Tackling Inequalities through Labour and Social Regulation’ organised by the UCL Labour Rights Institute and generously supported by the UCL European Institute.
- Professor Sir Bob Hepple QC, Chair of The Equal Rights Trust
- Dr Nicola Countouris, UCL Laws
- Professor Sandra Fredman, University of Oxford
- Professor Mark Freedland, University of Oxford
- Dr Virginia Mantouvalou, UCL Laws
- Professor Gillian Morris, UCL Laws
- Mr Colm O’Cinneide, UCL Laws