Working with Display Screen Equipment FAQs
FAQs regarding working with display screen equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding employees who work with display screen equipment.
- How do I apply for an Eye Test Pack, and what is in it?
- How do I find out what opticians are in the scheme?
- How long is the Eye Test Pack valid for?
- How do I get my eyes tested?
- What if my optician is not listed in the in the ASE Directory of Affiliated Opticians?
- Will I have to pay for my sight test?
- Is the test a proper sight test?
- Can I take time off work to have my eye test?
- How will I know if I need spectacles specifically for DSE Work?
- What DSE spectacles will UCL pay for?
- What if I want a different frame?
- What if I want a ‘rimless’ frame glazed?
- What if I want different lenses?
- What is the minimum requirement for spectacles under the Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992?
- Can I have a copy of my prescription?
- How long will my spectacles take to be made?
- Will I get a case and cleaning cloth?
- I wear contact lenses; can I get help towards the cost?
- Will the optician have samples of the “free” frames for me to try?
- I don't have a password to access the application form, how do I get one?
Who should read this policy
- All staff
Last updated: Monday, November 6, 2017