Understand your own leadership capabilities, what it means to be a female leader, and how to enhance your potential; for grades 6 and 7.
Our flagship leadership enhancement programmes for women are delivered through a hybrid of self-paced development modules and interactive online group sessions.
Join like-minded colleagues in a safe and non-judgemental environment to better understand your leadership capabilities, what it means to be a female leader, and how you can enhance your potential.
About the programme
This is a 7-month programme with a time commitment of 40 hours. There is a mixture of face-to-face workshops (1 per month), asynchronous study (up to 2 hours per month) and peer meetings (up to 2 hours per month)
- Designed to support delegates who are planning for transition into more senior roles
- Develop an understanding of leadership skills and knowledge with reflection on how that applies to ones own progression, with particular focus on what it means to be a female leader, dealing with personal and structural barriers
- Enable delegates to develop their emotional intelligence as leaders through increased awareness of self and others
- Design is governed by UCL’s recognition that women are underrepresented at senior leadership levels.
The programme is taught through a mixture of self-paced learning, virtual and face to face workshops; and 30 places are available on each cohort. Facilitators are both UCL-employed and external professionals, who bring a wealth of knowledge, passion and perspectives to this leadership enhancement journey.
By the end of this leadership programme, you will be able to:
- Have a deeper understanding of the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to become a successful leader
- Embrace vulnerability and turn it into a leadership asset
- Reflect on existing achievements, and learn how to bring your own distinct strengths, personality and features into your leadership profile
- Reflect and plan around skills gaps and progression
- Develop personal strategies to progress careers, fulfil potential and circumvent barriers
- Gain confidence in building and expanding credible stakeholder relationships and networks
- Benefit from shared experiences, networks and strategic connections established on the programme
Open to women staff (including trans women and non-binary people who are comfortable in a female-centred community).at grades 6 to 7, who have led complex projects and/or supervise/line-manage staff.
How to apply
Applications for 2022-23 Leadership Programmes are now closed, and applications for 2023-24 Leadership Programmes will re-open in Summer 2023