Reflect on your leadership profile and plan how to grow your skills and develop your impact as a senior leader; for grades 8 and 9.
Our flagship leadership enhancement programmes for women are delivered through a hybrid of self-paced development modules and interactive online group sessions.
Join like-minded colleagues in a safe and non-judgmental environment where you will have the opportunity to reflect on your leadership profile and plan how to grow your skills and develop your impact as senior leaders in UCL.
About the programme
This is a 7-month programme with a time commitment of 40 hours. It is a mixture of face-to-face workshops (1 per month), asynchronous study (up to 2 hours per month) and peer meetings (up to 2 hours per month)
- Designed to support delegates to consider and develop their leadership profile and skills
- Provides practical tools to support delegates to develop productive relationships, influence others and to recognise and address barriers to progression
- Improves line-management skills and cultivate a space for leadership growth
- Design of the programme is governed by UCL's recognition that women are underrepresented at senior leadership levels.
The programme is taught through a mixture of self-paced learning, virtual and face to face workshops, and 30 places are available on each cohort. Facilitators are both UCL-employed and external professionals who bring a wealth of knowledge, passion and perspectives to this leadership enhancement journey.
By the end of this leadership programme, you will be able to:
- Develop personal strategies to progress your career, fulfil your potential and circumvent barriers
- Challenge and re-frame gendered notions of leadership to bring your authentic self into your leadership identify
- Integrate wellbeing and resilience into the core of your leadership approach
- Build self-awareness, self-management, relationship management and social awareness
- Enhance your team leadership, using coaching and mentoring skills to become a stronger leader of leaders
- Refine your negotiation and influencing skills, become more adept at managing complex and competing stakeholder relationships and make stronger cases for change.
- Establish shared experiences, networks and strategic connections in a supportive environment
Open to all women (including trans women and non binary people who are comfortable in a female-centred community), at grades 8 and 9, seeking to consolidate their knowledge and practice of leadership and people management.
Applications for 2022-23 Leadership Programmes are now closed, and applications for 2023-24 Leadership Programmes will re-open in Summer 2023