Helps senior researchers reflect on their leadership skills and amplify their strategic planning in their particular contexts and situations.
About the programme
Helps senior researchers reflect on their leadership skills and amplify their strategic planning in their particular contexts and situations, and on creating conditions to enable them to become an effective research leader.
It includes concise (20-min) coaching sessions.
By the end of this leadership programme, you will be able to:
- Understand your identity and challenges as a research leader,
- Explore the nature of academic research leadership models including devolved and distributed leadership,
- Understand and apply your emotional intelligence skills,
- Develop the competencies of inclusive leadership to leverage the value of diverse teams,
- Develop strategies for your political astuteness capability and strategic alignment with organisational goals,
- Improve facilitation skills to increase the effectiveness of research teams,
- Explore strategic leadership in a changed and changing HE.
Experienced Principal Investigators (with at least two years experience, or one full budget cycle leading a project) at grades 9 or 10.
How to Apply
Applications for 2023-24 are now closed. Applications for our 2024-25 programmes will open in Summer 2024.