Term 3 training courses for staff - spaces available!
28 April 2022
A range of staff training courses are now open for booking.
Check out staff development opportunities coming up this month
Highlights in May include:
Working Smarter: Inbox Zero 11th May 11:00-12:00
This 60-minute webinar will introduce the Inbox Zero method and show you how to get you set up so that you can save time, prioritise effectively, and reduce anxiety.
You will get started during the session by setting up the system and getting going. You will leave ready to try out the approach before adapting it to suit your way of working. Inbox Zero will help you feel more in control of your work and more confident you are working on the right things.
It will cover:
- The trouble with email
- The top assumptions we make about email that cause us problems
- How to set yourself up for success
- How Inbox Zero works
- Practical steps you can use RIGHT NOW to get started with Inbox Zero
This is a bitesize session and works alongside the Working Smarter programme modules - Creating the Space for Important Work and Make Email Work for You
Courageous Conversations - 16th May 10:00-11:45 and 14:00-15:45
Build skill and confidence in holding courageous or breakthrough conversations in this two-part webinar. Address difficult issues in a firm, sensitive and respectful way, enhance relationships and create effective change.
In Part One, understand principles, skills and best practices in holding courageous conversations. Learn how to plan and prepare, challenge unhelpful limiting beliefs, effectively structure the conversation and know how to give feedback.
Part Two uses ' Forum Theatre' to consolidate learning as actors role-play challenging conversations and participants feedback to direct a best practice approach.
Please note, the session comprises two 105-minute virtual workshops, run in the morning (10:00-11:45) and afternoon (14:00-15:45) on the same day. Please note, you will need to attend both parts of the course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of holding a courageous conversation
- Be aware of how to prepare and structure a courageous conversation effectively.
- Understand skills involved, and challenge unhelpful limiting beliefs.
Introduction to Handling Conflict - 16th May 14:30-16:00
In a busy working environment internal conflicts can be detrimental to morale and business results. With the stress of delivering strategic objectives, meeting deadlines, and juggling different departmental priorities, having the ability to resolve conflict effectively is essential in the workplace today. This webinar provides you with practical strategies to address conflict management.
Learn how to recognise and handle conflict by:
- being aware of the three elements of conflict and the four levels of conflict
- having an understanding of the three principles for dealing with conflict
- identifying your preferred conflict-handling style
- understanding how NOT to deal with conflict
- becoming familiar with a four-step model for resolving conflict.
By the end of this webinar you will:
- Be aware of the three elements of conflict and the four levels of conflict
- Have an understanding of the three principles for dealing with conflict
- Have identified your preferred conflict-handling style
- Understand how NOT to deal with conflict
- Be familiar with a four-step model for resolving conflict.
Financial Wellbeing: Foundation - 24th May 10:00-11:00
Personal Financial Planning at a foundation level for employees at the early or mid-career stage.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Learn how to manage your finances
- Understand tax & national insurance
- Learn about different types of borrowing
- Consider options for savings
Sign up for the newsletter
To be kept up to date with the latest course offerings, plesae sign up to our weekly Newsletter to receive regular updates about upcoming courses and be the first to know about new learning opportunities.
Explore what the Learning Academy has to offer you
To explore the full range of learning opportunities available to UCL staff, please have a look at our Learning Academy Page, which not only contains our full Personal Development course catalogue, but also information on Mandatory Learning, Leadership Programmes and information on other UCL departments offering staff training.