Introducing the week and all its goodies. ADAPT to Thrive workshop. Lunch and marketplace. Free stuff!
Welcome to the week!
A short introduction to the week’s festivities will be followed by a panel talk from the ADAPT to Thrive series, featuring a host of speakers reflecting on how failure has been a defining feature of their successful careers, which will be followed by lunch, networking and an information marketplace.
ADAPT to Thrive:
This session is part of an event series for early stage researchers where their peers and senior researchers share their experiences on how they failed and lived to tell the story. The event series is organised by the Academic Careers Office.
ADAPT To Thrive speakers include:
- Prof Marilena Loizidou, Professor of Cancer Nanotechnology & Deputy Director of the Division of Surgery and Interventional Science (SIS) at UCL and Head of the SIS Department.
- Prof Hugh Montgomery, Professor of Intensive Care Medicine and Director of the UCL Institute for Human Health and Performance
- Dr Lola Solebo, NIHR Clinician Scientist at the UCL GOS Institute of Child Health.
Postdoc Appreciation Week Marketplace for Researchers:
During lunch we’ll host a marketplace where you can meet a range of UCL teams with resources, support and information essential to your research:
- UCL Organisational Development
- Research IT Services
- Research Integrity
- UCL Careers
- UCL Arena
- UCL Library
- UCL Public Policy Engagement
- ULC Culture (Public Engagement Unit)
- And more, still be to confirmed.