There are plenty of ways to get to UCL at Here East, with excellent transport links at nearby Stratford, the Overground at Hackney Wick and easy access to London's cycling infrastructure.
UCL at Here East
8-9 East Bay Lane
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Free shuttle bus
- Here East provides a free bus service to Stratford and Stratford International stations (five-minute journey time).
- Buses run approximately every five minutes, 7am to 10.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Bus stop is near the entrance to UCL at Here East: just hop on/off.
- Please note: due to road works, the Stratford City Station Bus Stop (X) has temporarily moved across the road to the bus station. Here East shuttles will now depart from Bus Stop (W).
- Train (London Overground)
- Hackney Wick is the nearest Overground station to Here East, about 6 minutes away by foot.
- It's one stop (two minutes) away from Stratford station, or 15-20 minutes from London's central transport hubs.
- Trains run approximately every 7-10 minutes depending on the day/time.
- Download a London Overground network map (PDF)
- Stratford is the nearest Tube station, on the Central and Jubilee Lines: it's a 20-minute walk from Here East (or a two-minute journey on the Overground from Hackney Wick).
- The Central Line connects to Bank (10 mins), Tottenham Court Road (18 mins) and Oxford Street (20 mins).
- The Jubilee line will take you to London Bridge in 17 minutes.
- Download a London Underground map from TfL (PDF)
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR)
- The DLR (part of the TfL network) at Stratford connects Here East to London City Airport and Canary Wharf in 15 and 9 minutes respectively.
- The closest bus route is the 388, which runs between Blackfriars and Stratford; it stops on Waterden Road.
- The 276 and 236 also stop nearby.
- UCL Here East is easy to get to using Cycle Superhighway 2 (PDF) from Aldgate.
- There are several Santander Cycle docking stations nearby (including 56 docks on campus): visit Transport for London (TfL)'s website and search 'Here East' to check availability.
- You can cycle to Lonon Liverpool Street station in about 20 minutes, or London Bridge station in 40 minutes.
- Here East has outdoor and sheltered bike storage facilities, as well as providing free monthly bike surgery and workshops.
- View nearby cycle routes on OpenCycleMap.org
- Vist the TfL website for more informaiton about cycling in London
- With the A11, A12, A13, M11 and M25, UCL at Here East is well positioned for access by road.
- Driving from Victoria station takes about an hour (you may have to pay the Congestion Charge if driving through central London).
- Parking is available at Here East, next to the main building.
- More options
- Stratford and Stratford International train stations are nearby: go to National Rail Enquiries for train times and tickets.
- For more help planning your journey, visit the Transport for London website.
- Download the Citymapper app on your phone to compare transport options, costs and live departure times.