Grand Challenges Small Grants
Grand Challenges offers small grants up to £7,500 for research-informed, societally relevant, cross-disciplinary/cross-boundary activities.
4 May 2022
The deadline for applications for 2022/23 is Sunday, 12 June 2022
Submit your proposal by 11.59pm, Sunday 12 June
Purpose of the scheme
UCL Grand Challenges allows experts from different fields to work together on today's pressing social issues. These problems are often complex, requiring insights from diverse academic disciplines and contributions from beyond academia.
The Small Grants scheme supports grass-roots cooperation between the different parts of UCL.
We look for proposals from staff in different academic faculties or between staff in a faculty and staff in Professional Services (our own research user community). The aim is to leverage UCL's diversity to gain novel insights, and impacts, both within the research community and in wider society.
2022-23 Call Outline
- Awards of up to £7,500 available for research-informed, societally relevant, cross-disciplinary and cross-boundary activities.
- We support collaborations across UCL faculties or between researchers and UCL Professional Services staff
- Deadline for applications: 11.59pm, Sunday 12 June 2022
- All project costs must be claimed and paid for by 31 July 2023
- Proposals should relate to one of the six UCL Grand Challenges
- All applications must include two applicants from UCL, and any number of additional collaborators.
- Read the full eligibility criteria, list of exclusions to the scheme and the financial requirements and restrictions.
You can find out more about the Grand Challenges areas of interest and Special Initiatives here.
Please note: Additional funding calls covering the four special initiative themes will open later in 2022.