We welcome collaboration with students, researchers, academics and professional services across UCL and with external partners, including with other higher education institutions (both local and international), third sector organisations, industry, and policy. We facilitate dialogue across disciplines and sectors to foster a culture of shared problem-solving which brings together the wealth of knowledge and expertise from academia, policy, and the wider world.
There are a range of ways that you can be part of UCL Grand Challenges:
Meet a collaborator
We can introduce you to other researchers across UCL who you could work with. Through groups on the Institutional Research Information System (IRIS) and through UCL Research Domains, you can signal your research interests and meet like-minded academics.
We run regular events and other opportunities to meet other researchers; find out more about collaborative working at UCL. We have established partnerships with external organisations, both academic and non-academic, including embassies, NGOs, publishers, and other universities around the world.
We provide many different funding schemes for researchers and we are happy to direct you to the opportunities available through other UCL offices, such as those at Faculty level. Find out more about funding opportunities.
We support UCL researchers to ensure their research reaches as wide an audience as possible, including:
- Publishing work in an Open Access format, through UCL Press
- Sharing work with policymakers, from MPs to Peers and civil servants, through UCL Public Policy
- Bringing your work to life with secondary school students, through UCL Academy
- Engaging with the public and communities through UCL Culture
- Reaching UCL's contacts across the world through the Global Engagement Office
- Capturing the entrepreneurial spirit of your work with UCL Innovation and Enterprise
To find out more about contact us by emailing email@example.com to speak to a member of the team