The Department of Applied Health Research hosts a seminar series with invited speakers who have expertise spanning applied health research, epidemiology, and public health.
Our seminars for Spring and Summer 2022 include:
- Francisca Vargas Lopes, PhD candidate, Erasmus Centre for Health Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam (10th February 2022, 1pm) – Talk title = Patient cost-sharing, mental health care and inequalities: a population-based natural experiment at the transition to adulthood
- Christina Pagel, Professor of Operational Research, Clinical Operational Research Unit, UCL (10th March 2022, 12pm) – Talk title = Navigating the public eye
- Sonila Tomini, Angus Ramsay, Jean Ledger, Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow Department of Applied Health Research, UCL (29th March, 12pm) - Talk title = Pre-hospital triage of suspected stroke patients using digital technology
- James Kirkbride, Professor of Psychiatric and Social Epidemiology, Division of Psychiatry, UCL (28th April 2022, 12pm) - Talk title = Out of place: how where we live can shape our risk of psychosis
- Georgia Black, Principal Research Fellow, Department of Applied Health Research, UCL (24th May 2022, 12pm) - Talk title = Patient safety in cancer diagnostic pathways: current directions
- Nora Pashayan, Professor in Applied Cancer Research, DAHR, UCL (14th June 2022, 1pm) – Talk title tbc
All seminars will last 50 minutes. All UCL staff and students are welcome to attend.