The programme unites concepts across both radio and optical communication to give students a better understanding of the technical challenges they will face in the future.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
- Introduction to Telecommunications Networks (ITN) (ELEC0085)
- Wireless Communications Principles (WCP) (ELEC0104)
- Broadband Communications Laboratory (ELEC0050)
- Communications Systems Modelling (ELEC0086)
- Broadband Technologies and Components (ELEC0108)
Please note that there are compulsory transferable skills activities associated with this programme, but these are not credit bearing.
Students choose three of the following:
- Advanced Photonics Devices (ELEC0109)
- Antennas and Propagation (ELEC0048)
- Photonic Subsystems (ELEC0078)
- Optical Transmission and Networks (ELEC0049)
- Radar Systems (ELEC0053)
- RF Circuits and Sub-Systems (ELEC0115)
- Internet of Things (ELEC0130)
- Mobile Communications Systems (MCS) (ELEC0102)
- Internet Multimedia Systems (ELEC0098)
All students undertake an independent research project which culminates in a dissertation of approximately 12,000 words.