The MSc covers various aspects of modern telecommunication systems together with the background necessary to understand such systems, and is continuously updated to reflect the rapidly-changing field.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
- Introduction to Telecommunications Networks (ITN) (ELEC0085)
- Mobile Communications Systems (MCS) (ELEC0102)
- Software for Network and Services Design (ELEC0088)
- Telecommunications Business Environment (ELEC0094)
- Introduction to Internet Protocol Networks (ELEC0099)
- Professional Development Module: Transferable Skills (not credit bearing)
Students choose three of the following:
- Broadband Technologies and Components (ELEC0108)
- Communications Software and Systems Modelling (ELEC0086)
- Internet of Things (ELEC0130)
- Optical Transmission and Networks (ELEC0049)
- Network and Services Management (ELEC0092)
- Internet Multimedia Systems (ELEC0098)
- Wireless Communications Principles (WCP) (ELEC0104)
All students undertake an independent research project which culminates in a dissertation of approximately 12,000 words.