Bloomsbury Theatre visitor COVID FAQ
(version published 21st July 2021)
- What measures do you have in place?
- We have ensured our air flow and ventilation is operating at above the rate suggested by the World Health Organisation.
- We ask that all attendees take a COVID test before attending. Anyone with a positive result, any COVID symptoms, or who has been required to self-isolate should not travel to the venue. Full refunds will be given in this instance.
- All staff will be masked and will adhere to strict cleaning and distancing guidelines.
- Staff will be cleaning door handles/stair rails/toilets before and during each performance.
- All customers, except those with a medical exemption, will be expected to wear a mask.
- Instead of paper tickets, customers can show us their booking on their phone, or on a print out.
- There will be hand sanitising stations around the building.
- We will be operating a cashless box office and bar.
- There will be no latecomers admitted.
- What happens on the day?
Staff and signs will tell you where to go as you enter the building. While you queue, you will be invited to log into the government’s Test and Trace by scanning the QR code for the venue, which will be on posters throughout the foyer.
There will be hand sanitising points before you reach the doors of the theatre, where an usher will check your details and direct you to your seats.
Hand sanitisers will be available outside all toilet facilities.
- What happens if the show cannot go ahead?
Obviously it is possible that further local lockdowns may occur. We adhere very strictly to all guidelines and will remain responsive to necessary changes in practice.
In the event of a show being cancelled or postponed, you will be contacted via email at the earliest opportunity. Please ensure we have your current contact details on file. Please ensure we have an up-to-date phone number if you do not have an email address.
- I have a booking but I feel unwell/have tested positive/my household member has tested positive, what should I do?
Email or call us and we will issue a full refund.
We ask anyone with symptoms, has tested positive or anyone who has been exposed to someone who has tested positive to please not attend the theatre.
- Do you have a cloakroom?
There is no cloakroom at the Bloomsbury Theatre, and we request that visitors bring minimal possessions.
- Do I have to wear a mask?
Staff will be masked and we expect all visitors who are not medically exempt to wear one, particularly when queueing for entry, using the bar and queueing for toilets.
We also kindly request that you wear a mask (where able) when engaging with staff.
- I have another question
That’s grand. Let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will respond to you within at least 3 working days, but normally sooner.