Bloomsbury Theatre visitor COVID FAQ
- What extra measures do you have in place?
We have put lots of measures in place to keep you safe:
- Lowering our capacity so there is at least 2m+ spacing between every group of bookers.
- Ensuring our air flow and ventilation is operating at above the rate suggested by the World Health Organisation.
- We will take your temperature as you enter the Theatre. We also ask everyone with Covid-19 symptoms not to attend (full refunds will be given in this instance).
- Our staff will wear masks, adhere to distancing guidelines and clean door handles, stair rails and toilets before and during each performance.
- Unless you have a medical exemption, you will be required to wear a mask throughout the performance.
- Instead of paper tickets, show us your booking on your phone or via a print out.
- We will run a cashless box office, tickets must be ordered in advance. Ticket sales will end strictly at 5pm on the day of the performance.
- All bar orders must be placed before the show via our website and we’ll bring your order to your seats. See "Can I order a drink" below.
- No latecomers admitted.
- Can I choose my seats on the seating plan when I book?
No, our box office will be allocating the seats to ensure we stick to correct social distancing. We will inform you of your seat numbers via email. If you have an access request, please let us know on email@example.com
- What happens on the day?
You will have received an email telling you what time to arrive. Please arrive as close to that time as you can and take your place in the socially distanced queue.
Staff and signs will tell you where to go as you enter the building. While you queue, we will check your temperature and you will need to check in using the NHS Test and Trace app by scanning the QR code for the venue which will be on posters throughout the foyer. If you do not have a smartphone, you can give your details at the Box Office. A record of every person in each party must be taken. This is a legal requirement of the venue by the government.
There will be hand sanitising points before you reach the doors of the theatre, where an usher will check your details and direct you to your seats. If you have pre-purchased drinks, these will be at your seat for you (or will arrive before the show begins).
Queueing systems will be in place for the toilets and you may need to allow extra time. Hand sanitisers will be available outside all toilet facilities.
After the show has finished, we will be asking some customers to remain in their seats as we will be clearing the auditorium row by row. The rule of thumb will be, if you were asked to arrive early you will be early to leave.
Our bars are not open post-show.
- What happens if the show cannot go ahead?
Obviously it is possible that further local lockdowns may occur. We adhere very strictly to all guidelines and will remain responsive to necessary changes in practice. In the event of a show being cancelled or postponed, you will be contacted via email at the earliest opportunity. Please ensure we have your current contact details on file. Please ensure we have an up-to-date phone number if you do not have an email address.
- I have tickets but I feel unwell/have tested positive/my household member has tested positive, what should I do?
Please email or call us and we will issue a full refund. We ask anyone with symptoms or anyone who has been exposed to someone at home who has tested positive to please not attend the theatre.
- Can I sit with my group?
Absolutely. You can sit with people who are in your bubble or your household. If you are booking with people other than that – let us know and we can seat you with the appropriate distancing (2m+) to keep you safe.
- Can I buy a single ticket?
Certainly. We will ensure the correct distancing around your seat.
- I have access needs. Can I attend?
Indeed you can. Drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what your needs are so that we can accommodate them.
- Do I have to wear a mask?
Yes, unless you are medically exempt. Please inform our staff at time of booking if this is so, by emailing email@example.com
- Can I order a drink?
Most definitely! You can pre-order only. We will contact bookers before the event date with details.
Please note the bar will not be open at the interval.
- Will your toilets be open?
Yes, our toilets will be open on basement and circle levels. We will be operating strict social distancing so you may need to queue before using them. Hand sanitising stations will be available at these points.
- I have another question
That’s grand. Let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will respond to you within at least 3 working days, but normally sooner.