Select Recent Publications
- Shabeer Syed, Arturo Gonzalez-Izquierdo, Janice Allister, Gene Feder, Leah Li, Ruth Gilbert. Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) in English electronic health records of linked mothers and children: validation study using a multistage risk-prediction model. The Lancet 2022.
- Steve Morris and Kevin Herbert. . CPRU 2022
At a glance: association between exposure to child maltreatment and parental domestic violence and abuse and health, behaviours and labour market outomes
- Ania Zylbersztejn.
- Suzet Tanya Lereya, Sarah Cattan, Yeosun Yoon, Ruth Gilbert, Jessica Deighton. How does the association between special education need and absence vary overtime and across special education need types? European Journal of Special Needs Education 2022
- Emily Stapley, Sarah Stock, Jessica Deighton, Ola Demkowicz. A qualitative study of how adolescents’ reports of coping strategies and support vary in line with their experiences of adversity over a three-year period. Child and Youth Care Forum 2022.
- Emily Stapley, Kevin Herbert, Sarah Cattan, Jessica Deighton. CPRU 2022.
Conducting economic evaluations of mental health and wellbeing early intervention and prevention programmes: Learning and insights from a real-world implementation context
- Caroline Fraser, Katie Harron, Jane Barlow, Samantha Bennett, Geoffrey Woods, Jenny Shand, Sally Kendall, Jenny Woodman. Variation in health visiting contacts for children in England: cross-sectional analysis of the 2–2½ year review using administrative data (Community Services Dataset, CSDS) BMJ Open 2022.
- Louise Mc Grath-Lone, David Etoori, Ruth Gilbert, Katie Harron, Jenny Woodman, Ruth Blackburn. Changes in adolescents’ planned hospital care during the COVID-19 pandemic: analysis of linked administrative data. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2022
- David Etoori, Katie Harron, Louise Mc Grath-Lone, Maximiliane Verfuerden, Ruth Gilbert, Ruth Blackburn. Deficits in hospital care among clinically vulnerable children aged 0 to 4 years during the COVID-19 pandemic. MedRxiV preprint 2021
- Ruth Gilbert, Gene Feder, Emma Howarth, Claire Powell. Development of core outcome sets for family and child-focused interventions for child maltreatment and domestic violence. CPRU 2021
- Nicolas Libuy, Katie Harron, Ruth Gilbert, Richard Caulton, Ellen Cameron and Ruth Blackburn. Linking education and hospital data in England: linkage process and quality. International Journal of Population Data Science 2021
- Ruth Blackburn, Omotomilola Ajetunmobi, Louise Mc Grath-Lone, Pia Hardelid, Roz Shafran, Ruth Gilbert, Linda Wijlaars. Hospital admissions for stress-related presentations among school-aged adolescents during term time
versus holidays in England: weekly time series and retrospective cross-sectional analysis (2014-2018). British Journal of Psychiatry Open (2021)
- Louise Mc Grath-Lone, David Etoori, Ruth Gilbert, Katie Harron, Jenny Woodman, Ruth Blackburn.
- Emma Howarth, Claire Powell, Jenny Woodman, Erin Walker, Ruth Gilbert, Gene Feder. Protocol for developing Core Outcome Sets for evaluation of psychosocial interventions for children and families with experience or at risk of child maltreatment or domestic abuse BMJ Open 2021
- Nicolas Libuy, Katie Harron, Ruth Gilbert, Richard Caulton, Ellen Cameron and Ruth Blackburn. Linking education and hospital data in England: linkage process and quality International Journal of Population Data Science 2021
- Steven Hope, Anna Pearce, Mario Cortina-Borja, Catherine Chitleborough, Jane Barlow, Catherine Law. Modelling the potential for parenting skills interventions to reduce inequalities and population prevalence of children's mental health problems: Evidence from the Millennium Cohort Study SSM - Population Health 2021
Jane Barlow, Anders Bach-Mortensen, Olha Homonchuk and Jenny Woodman.CPRU 2020
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on services from pregnancy through age 5 years for families who are high risk of poor outcomes or who have complex social needs: Stage 2 findings
Caroline Fraser, Katie Harron, Jane Barlow, Samantha Bennett, Geofrrey Woods, Jenny Shand and Jenny Woodman.
- Kate Lewis, Sanjay Parekh, Padmanabhan Ramnarayan, Ruth Gilbert, Pia Hardelid and Linda Wijlaars. Emergency paediatric critical care in England: describing trends using routine hospital data Archives of Disease in Childhood 2020
- Matthew Jay, Ruth Gilbert et al. Timing of paediatric orchidopexy in universal healthcare systems: international administrative data cohort study BJS Open 2020
- Jess Deighton, Anna Gilleard, Melissa Cortina and Jenny Woodman.
- Selina Nath, Pia Hardelid and Ania Zylbersztejn. Are infant mortality rates increasing in England? The effect of extreme prematurity and early neonatal deaths Journal of Public Health 2020
- Sungano Chigogora, Anna Pearc, Catherine Law, Russell Viner, C. Chittleborough, Lucy Griffiths and Steven Hope. Could greater physical activity reduce population prevalence and socio-economic inequalities in children’s mental health problems? A policy simulation Epidemiology 2020
- Ania Zylbersztejn, Maximiliane Verfurden, Pia Hardelid, Ruth Gilbert, Linda Wijlaars. Phenotyping congenital anomalies in administrative hospital records Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology 2020
- A Yassaee, D. Hale, A. Armitage and Russll Viner. The impact of age of transfer on outcomes in the transition from pediatric to adult health systems: a systematic review of reviews Journal of Adolescent Health 2019
- Sungano Chigogora, Anna Pearce, Russell Viner, Steve Morris, David Taylor-Robinson, Steven Hope. Could increasing income in lone-parent households reduce inequality in child mental health problems? European Journal of Public Health 2019
- Sally Kendall, Avril Nash, A. Braun, G. Bastug, Emeline Rougeaux and Helen Bedford. Acceptability and understanding of the ASQ-3TM as part of the healthy child programme two-year health and development review in England: Parent and professional perspectives Child: Care, Health and Development 2019
- Steven Hope, Emeline Rougeaux, Jessica Deighton, Catherine Law and Anna Pearce. Associations between mental health competence and indicators of physical health and cognitive development in eleven year olds: findings from the UK Millennium Cohort Study BMC Public Health 2019
- Matthew Jay, Louise McGrath-Lone and Ruth Gilbert. Data Resource: the National Pupil Database (NPD) International Journal of Population Data Science 2019
- Julian Edbrooke-Childs and Praveetha Patalay. Ethic Differences in Referral Routes to Youth Mental Health Services Journal of American Academy of child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2019
- Veena Mazarello Paes, Terence Stephenson et al. Factors predicting poor glycemic control in the first two years of childhood onset type 1 diabetes in a cohort from East London, UK: Analyses using mixed effects fractional polynomial models Pediatric Diabetes 2019
- Erin Walker and Stuart Logan.
- Child of our time blog. Might population-wide increases in physical activity reduce socio-economic inequalities in the proportion of children who are overweight? 2019
- Amal R. Khanolkar, Rakesh Amin, David Taylor-Robinson, Russell M. Viner, Justin Warner, and Terence Stephenson. Inequalities in glycaemic control in childhood onset type 2 diabetes in England and Wales – A national population-based longitudinal study. Paediatric Diabetes 2019
- Jenny Woodman, Antonia Simon, Hanan Hauari, Ruth Gilbert. A scoping review of 'think family' approaches in healthcare settings: helping the child through the parent. Journal of Public Health 2019
- Suzet Tanya Lereya, Meera Patel, Joao Pedro Garcez Aurelio dos Santos and Jessica Deighton. Mental Health Difficulties, Attainment & Attendance: A Cross-sectional Study European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2019
- Francesca Solmi, Mariya Melnychuk, Stephen Morris, The cost of mental and physical health disability in childhood and adolescence to families in the UK: findings from a repeated cross-sectional survey using propensity score matching BMJ Open 2018
- Aswathikutty Gireesh, Shikta Das, Russell Viner. The Impact of Health Behaviours and Deprivation on Wellbeing in a National Sample of English Young People. BMJ Paediatrics Open 2018
- Ania Zylbersztejn, Ruth Gilbert, Anders Hjern, Pia Hardelid. A comparison of child mortality from potentially preventable causes of death in England and Sweden using birth cohorts from linked administrative datasets. International Journal of Population Data Science 2018
- Ruth M. Blackburn, Annie Herbert, Linda Wijlaars. Trends in hospital admissions for nonfatal adversity-related injury among youths in England, 2002-2016. JAMA Pediatrics 2018
- Shabeer Syed, Ruth Gilbert, Miranda Wolpert. Parent Alcohol Misuse and the Impact on Children: a rapid evidence review of service presentations and interventions. Children's Policy Research Unit 2018
- Linda Wijlaars, Pia Hardelid, Astrid Guttman, Ruth Gilbert. Emergency admissions and long-term conditions during transition from paediatric to adult care: a cross-sectional study using Hospital Episode Statistics data. BMJ Open 2018
- Ania Zylbersztejn, Ruth Gilbert, Anders Hjern, Linda Wijlaars, Pia Hardelid. Child mortality in England compared with Sweden: a birth cohort study The Lancet 2018
- Dimitrios Charalampopoulos et al. Exploring variation in glycaemic control across and within eight high-income countries: A cross-sectional analysis of 64,666 children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes Diabetes Care 2018
- Daniel Hayes, Julian Edbrooke-Childs, R. Town, Miranda Wolpert, N. Midgley.
Barriers and facilitators to shared decision making in child and youth mental health: Exploring young person and parent perspectives using the Theoretical Domains Framework European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2018
- Annie Herbert, Ruth Gilbert, David Cottrall, Leah Li. Causes of death up to 10 years after admissions to hospitals for self-inflicted, drug-related or alcohol-related, or violent injury during adolescence: a retrospective, nationwide, cohort study The Lancet 2017
- Anuja Pandey, Daniel Hale, Shikta Das, Anne-Lise Goddings, Sarah-Jayne Blakemore, Russell Viner. Effectiveness of universal self-regulation-based interventions to improve self-regulation, and effects on distant health and social outcomes in children and adolescents: a systematic review and meta-analysis. The Lancet 2017
- Mariya Melnychuk, Francesca Solmi and Stephen Morris. Using compensating variation to measure the costs of child disability in the UK 2017
- Amal Khanolkar, Rakesh Amin, David Taylor-Robinson, Russell Viner, Justin Warner, Evelien Gevers, Terence Stephenson. Ethnic differences in early glycemic control in childhood-onset type 1 diabetes. BMJ Open Diabetes Research and Care 2017