This postgraduate programme integrates the advanced clinical, academic and research components of musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
- The Musculoskeletal MSc Studies programme consists of five compulsory modules including research project (150 credits) and two optional module (30 credits). Upon successful completion of 180 credits, you will be awarded a MSc in Physiotherapy Studies: Musculoskeletal.
- A Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits, full-time 12 months, flexible 2-5 years) is offered. Students take four compulsory modules (90 credits) and two optional modules (30 credits). Upon successful completion of 120 credits, you will be awarded a PG Dip in Physiotherapy Studies: Musculoskeletal.
- A Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits, full-time one year, flexible study up to two years) is offered. Students undertake modules to the value of 60 credits, consisting of consists of 1 compulsory module (15 credits) a choice of 1 core module (30 credits) and 1 optional module (15 credits). Upon successful completion of 60 credits, you will be awarded a PG Cert in Physiotherapy Studies: Musculoskeletal.
Module information is available via the links below.
- Physiotherapy Research and Dissemination, 15 credits (CHLD0013)*
- Research Project, 60 credits (CHLD0026)
- Applied Statistics for Health Research I, 15 credits (CHLD0064)
- Upper Quadrant: Advanced Musculoskeletal Management (CHLD0097) 30 credits
- Lower Quadrant: Advanced Musculoskeletal Management (CHLD0098) 30 credits
PG Dip students do not undertake the Research Project. PG Cert students take the core module indicated (*) above, plus a choice of either upper or lower quadrant modules.
It may not be possible to take your preferred optional module because of timetabling and capacity constraints. The list below is subject to change by the time of enrolment. Options may include the following:
- Rehabilitation and Management for People Living with Long-term Neurological Conditions (CHLD0086)
- Motor Control in Life, Health & Disease (CHLD0025)
- Work-Based Learning in Health (CHLD0087)
- Paediatric Neuro-Physiotherapy (CHLD0017)
- Paediatric Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (CHLD0020)
- Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Skills (CHLD0014)
- Clinical Exercise and Physical Activity (CHLD0019)
- Respiration Through Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0021)
- Leadership and Professional Development (CHLD0065)
- Health Management and Clinical Exercise for Pulmonary Disease (CHLD0015)
- Physical Activity and Clinical Exercise in Cardiovascular Disease (CHLD0016)
- Paediatric Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy (CHLD0018)
- Peripheral Nerves and Associated Diseases (CLNE0023)
- Motoneurons, Neuromuscular Junctions and Associated Disease (CLNE0020)
- Strategies for the Self-Management of Pain (15 credits)
- Peripheral Nerve, Muscle and Senses (CLENG019) 15 credits
- Young Athlete: Injury Prevention and Management (CHLD0022) 15 credits
- Neurophysiotherapy: Evidence for rehabilitation and practice (CHLD0024) 15 credits
- The Heart Through Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0023) 15 credits
- eHealth: Healthcare in the Internet Age (CHME0007) 15 credits
- Information, law and governance (CHME0011) 15 credits
- Health and Wellbeing (BECH0004) 15 credits
Please note that the list of modules given here is indicative. This information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.