Description of CPD courses
|CPD Modules 1-7||Taster Modules 1-4|
|Entry||All Professionals||HCPC registration|
|Gain Credits for MSc Clinical Paediatric Neuropsychology Course||No||Yes|
Entry Criteria for the CPD Modules 1 - 7
Professionals from all backgrounds interested in topics in paediatric neuropsychology and cognitive neuroscience are welcome to register as CPD delegates. CPD delegates attend the lectures and enjoy electronic access to the course materials but do not sit any examinations.
Entry Criteria for Taster Modules (for Modules 1 - 4 only)
For modules 1 to 4 it is also possible for some delegates to register as Taster delegates. To register as a Taster delegate you need to be a Clinical or Educational Psychologist registered with the UK Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Should delegates consider there is a possibility they may decide to complete the whole professional diploma or MSc at a later stage, as Taster delegates they can 'bank' the credits for these modules. Taster delegates who are later accepted onto the degree programme would be exempt from studying these modules again or paying for them twice.
In order to complete the Taster modules successfully, delegates must pass an unseen examination (for Modules 1 and 3) and complete a short piece of coursework (for Modules 2 and 4). The exam lasts for 1½ hours and comprises multiple-choice and short-answer questions.
Important Points to note for Taster applications:
- It is only possible to apply for exemption for Diploma/MSc modules in Clinical Paediatric Neuropsychology at a later stage if you have registered as a UCL Taster student. Registering as a CPD delegate does not permit any future exemptions from the full degree programme.
- A maximum of 3 modules may be taken as a Taster student. Any 3 from modules 1-4 are available.
- No other course, will qualify for any exemption of the UCL Diploma/MSc modules. This is only possible by completing a module from this programme.
- Successful completion of a Taster Module does not guarantee acceptance onto the Diploma/MSc programme at a later stage. Applications have to be made to the degree programme following the standard UCL procedures for post-graduate programmes.
- Applicants for Taster modules are accepted in order of application. Places are limited.
- UCL Taster students can only gain exemption from these modules on the full degree programme providing they have successfully registered on the degree programme within 2 academic years after passing the Taster module.
- Potential UCL Taster candidates should note that whilst they are on ICH premises they will have access to electronic resources, journals, computer rooms and printers and be able to pay for use of the photocopy machines. However, when working off-site, it is currently NOT possible to access electronic journals remotely
Please be advised, places on CPD and Taster courses are space dependent. Owing to the high interest and student intake in this programme we will not be accepting applications for 2018-19. Currently, we do not know if they will be running in 2019-20, therefore please check back in August 2019 to see if we are able to offer any places, or alternatively the main pages to apply for a full-time/part-time place on the programme.
If we do have any spaces they will be advertised here and below is how you would apply.
How to apply
Please download the relevant application form and email the completed copy to:
Tel. 020 7905 2768
Payment methods are detailed on the application form.