Fundamentals of Paediatric Physiotherapy
29 July 2020–18 November 2020, 8:30 am–5:00 pm
29 July 2020 – This online, 16 week self-paced course for qualified physiotherapists provides an introduction to paediatric physiotherapy. You'll learn fundamental skills for working with children and young people as a physiotherapist. You'll also develop study skills which will help you in any future post graduate education. You can choose to sign up for one, two or three of the following modules: - Paediatric neurophysiotherapy - Paediatric musculoskeletal physiotherapy - Paediatric cardiorespiratory physiotherapy
UCL GOSICH Physiotherapy Short and Taster Courses+44 (0)20 7905 2155
- Who is this course for?
This course is for qualified physiotherapists who want to expand their knowledge in the field of paediatrics.
You might be looking to improve your chances of getting a job in paediatric physiotherapy or preparing to study it at a postgraduate level.
- Course Structure and Dates
After completing the foundation module, you'll study the module(s) on specific topics.
Each of the modules are comprised of four learning units. You should expect to spend about 2 to 3 hours on each unit.
You'll have access to the course for 16 weeks.
The course runs three times a year, starting in March, July and November. You can join the course after the start date.
- Learning Outcomes
- understand the biopsychosocial and medico-legal framework for working with paediatric patients
- understand typical and atypical child development, including selected neurological, musculoskeletal and cardiorespiratory anatomy and physiology
- have knowledge of the aetiology and pathophysiology of selected common paediatric disorders and diseases have knowledge of selected outcome measures which can used to assess and monitor change in children
- be able to plan a clinically reasoned assessment and management strategy for a child within an evidence based context
- Fees and Booking
This course fees are:
£450 - for the full course (foundation module and three optional modules) £155 - for the foundation module and one optional module
You can sign up for the whole course, or just one or two of the three modules.
Booking opens on the 29th July on the UCL Short Courses Page