This module provides students with contemporary views and in-depth information on morphology, imaging, intervention & surgery for specific lesions seen in patients with congenital heart disease with a focus on anatomy.
Module Code: CARD0003
UCL Credits: 15
Module Organiser: Dr Andrew Cook
- To have an overview of congenital heart disease
- To understand the basis of treatment/potential future therapeutic approaches for congenital heart disease
- To conduct independent research of the literature
- To critically assess selected topics relating to congenital heart disease
- To give clear, structured presentations, both written and oral of their literature research findings.
Tuesday mornings, 11.00 to 13.00 for 10 weeks
Teaching and learning methods
This module will use a variety of components for delivery but will be centered on object-based learning and case review using anatomic specimens as well as traditional lecture-based delivery with discussion. Students will have the opportunity to review module components through access to an existing library of videos/recordings.
Unseen practical observation of specimens/cases
Practical case report