Experience Makers and the Bartlett Real Estate Institute have launched the CX in Real Estate - Future Leaders Programme.
6 weeks online learning. Start date: 9am - 1pm May 6th 2021
The CX in Real Estate - Future Leaders Programme is the first short course of its kind to combine academic research with industry insight to provide a vital understanding of customer experience strategy in property, and the skills to implement it.
A pioneering 5 day online short course (spread over 6 weeks) which will immerse you in new thinking about the landlord and tenant relationship. Delivered in 8 units, you’ll come away equipped with the practical skills to design and implement a successful customer experience (CX) strategy that will help drive revenue, increase customer retention and build brand loyalty.
As part of the programme you will hear first-hand from customers and stakeholders, learn from industry experts in and outside property, and be engaged through stimulating learning based on latest research and cutting edge case studies.
Get equipped and be ready to lead the future of real estate.
- Unit 1 - Building the strategy
- From bricks & mortar to hospitality – The evolution of customer experience in real estate
- How to assess your organisations customer experience and technology maturity
- How to design a customer experience strategy
- Unit 2 - Inspired by our customers
- What do our customers want? – case studies on how occupier requirements are changing and impact for property suppliers
- Get listening - How to identify customer’s needs and expectations
- Experiential design - Principles of product and service design in the experience age
- Unit 3 - Customer experience design
- Introduction to customer journey mapping techniques to enhance CX
- Practical exercise to improve customer experience
- Innovation case studies, new technology and how to make the business case for CX
- Unit 4 - Leadership
- The CX skills gap – Changing roles in real estate and how to grow CX talent
- Leadership checklist – Are you ready to lead change in your business?
- Taking responsibility - Your personal action plan
- Unit 5 - Working with stakeholders & partners
- Define your stakeholders and understand how to build strong relationships
- From B-B to B-C: Insight from end users
- Align suppliers and compare alternative approaches to service delivery
- Unit 6 - Performance measurement
- Return on Experience - gain an understanding of financial and non-financial measures for evaluating CX impact
- How to implement an NPS monitor in your business
- Practical exercise using customer feedback to drive business strategy
- Best practice reporting
- Unit 7 & 8 - CX strategy & operational excellence (Live project)
- Apply your knowledge to a real world business solution
- Design and present a CX strategy in multidisciplinary teams
- Dragon's Den' style pitch to panel of CX and industry leaders
- + Site visit - Best practice showcase
- Virtual/Global/Physical site visit (tbc)
- See best practice come to life
- Hear from customers and stakeholders
Our aim is to educate and inspire
Delivered through a combination of seminars, guest lectures and interactive exercises, take part in stimulating and intensive learning alongside a diverse group of contributors from real estate and CX backgrounds.
Gain real world knowledge and practical tools.
Apply theory and gain knowledge from practical case studies. Take back a range of tools to your own organisation:
CX maturity assessment
Customer research & feedback techniques
Customer journey mapping skills
Personal Leadership assessment
Supplier alignment checklist
Performance measurement indicators
Implement an NPS monitor
CX strategy presentation skills
- Hear from our Course Directors
This programme will be led by Howard Morgan, Director, RealService and Professor Yolande Barnes, BREI Chair, with support by an Advisory Board of members from industry leading companies including The Crown Estate, Get Living, Transport for London, MAPP and Savills.
“This new online executive short course by The Bartlett Real Estate Institute and Experience Makers is an exciting next step in our journey to explore the richness and diversity of the value that real estate generates.
The ‘Real estate and customer experience in real estate – future leaders’ programme sets out to open minds to new ways of thinking about real estate in the Covid-19 era and will equip students with practical tools to put this into action.
Our ambition is to foster a new generation of professionals who see real estate not as a commodity but as means to deliver an outstanding experience to customers.” - Professor Yolande Barnes, BREI Chair
"Experience Makers was founded 2 years ago with a mission to champion education and research in customer experience in real estate. We are thrilled to have found an academic partner that shares our ambition to rethink real estate.
We believe that this programme is an international first and excited to welcome attendees from the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
Guided by an advisory board of industry experts, the new programme will challenge the status quo and create future leaders that understand the financial and customer imperative." - Howard Morgan, Co-Founder, Experience Makers
- How is the course delivered?
The CX in Real Estate- Future Leaders Programme is an 8 unit programme delivered online over 6 weeks + a virtual site visit, starting Tuesday 4 May 2021.
4-8hrs guided learning per week.
- What will I take away from the course?
- Inspiration from CX best practice from within and outside real estate today
- Insight to measure your organisations performance in customer experience
- Practical skills to lead a customer experience (CX) improvement project in your business
- A certificate from UCL evidencing your attendance and CPD participation
- Is this course right for me?
You're an Investment, Asset or Property Manager, Facilities Manager, Leasing or Built environment professional looking to enhance your working knowledge with a sound theoretical and practical underpinning in CX. Or you're a CX professional eager to apply your skills and discover how Customer Experience translates in Real Estate. You may be a service partner, supplier or other real estate professional looking to gain a greater understanding of the customer experience mindset and direction of travel for the industry.
What happens after the course?
By enrolling in the CX in Real Estate - Future Leaders Programme the knowledge you share and the connections you make won’t end with the duration of the course. You’ll be part of a pioneering alumni of property professionals with a customer mindset.
On completing the course you’ll receive a certificate of attendance from BREI UCL and have the opportunity to receive a year mentorship from C-suite level connections through the Experience Makers network.
You’ll also be invited to a network event held at the Bartlett Real Estate Institute to celebrate the CX in Real Estate - Future Leaders Programme and bring real estate companies, investors and customers together.
The CX in Real Estate - Future Leaders Programme is supported by Experience Makers members and developed in consultation with an Advisory Group of leading organisations, passionate about pushing the industry forward. These include The Crown Estate, Get Living, MAPP, Savills and Transport for London. Their involvement ensures that the programme is rooted in real-world aims, actions and successes.