UCL ISH partnerships with industry are strong and varied.
Increasingly, businesses are seeing opportunities in the institute's research to collaborate and develop new or improved products for competitive advantage.
UCL ISH works together with companies to develop the innovation potential of their research. SMEs and large international companies seek the institute's expertise and knowledge in sectors ranging from sensors and instrumentation to consumer manufacturing and insurance.
UCL ISH links with industry associations have enabled the institue to develop an enterprising culture which it passes on to researchers and students. The Institute is also keen to partner with the commercial arms of heritage organisations.
UCL ISH engages in applied research in support of the objectives of the:
- Arts and Humanities Research Council
- Association of Critical Heritage Studies
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- EU Framework Programmes for Research
- European Research Infrastructure for Heritage Science
- National Heritage Science Forum
- Plastics Heritage European Association
- Science and Technology Facilities Council