Our MRes offers outstanding preparation for a career as a leader in energy-related industry or academia.
- a leading centre for research into energy demand and the built environment
- the opportunity to learn from experienced and respected researchers and to undertake original research
- a multidisciplinary approach that helps students develop into more complete individual researchers and effectively integrate into research teams
About the course
The only programme of its kind in the UK, the MRes Energy Demand Studies (EDS) offers students grounding in the skills and knowledge needed to carry out research into energy demand reduction in the built environment.
The course has 3 strands:
- technical modules (topics include thermodynamics, building physics, behaviour, energy systems, modelling, policy and economics)
- transferable skills (e.g. writing, presenting, communicating with the public)
You’ll be introduced to a research-style form of study, reading key texts that provide a focus for research-oriented teaching sessions in small, highly interactive groups, led by experienced researchers.
The London-Loughborough Centre for Doctoral Training in Energy Demand
The MRes EDS also forms the first year of a 4-year PhD programme offered by UCL-Energy, via the London-Loughborough Centre for Doctoral Training in Energy Demand.
- Explore the course's structure and content, and find out more about the staff on the course
- For core programme information, such as how to apply, visit the programme overview page.