Find contact details for the Faculty Dean, Vice Deans, Faculty Manager and Professional Services staff, including finance, teaching and support, and marketing communications staff.
Executive Dean and Vice-Deans
- Executive Dean
Professor Stella Bruzzi FBA
EA: Dania Herrera
- Executive Officer to the Dean
- Dean's Assistant and Diary Manager
- Supporting Director of Operations and Faculty Operations Manager with Faculty projects, Finance and HR
- Expense, invoice and one-off payment processing
- Vice-Dean (Research, Innovation and Enterprise)
Professor Stephen M. Hart
- Vice-Dean (Interdisciplinarity)
Professor Thomas Stern
- Vice-Dean (Education)
Professor Jakob Stougaard-Nielsen
- Vice-Dean (Health)
Professor Sonu Shamdasani
- Vice-Dean (Wellbeing)
Dr Samantha J. Rayner
UCL Information Studies
- Vice-Dean (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion)
Dr Simona Aimar
- Vice-Dean (Advancement)
Dr Geraldine Brodie
- Vice-Dean (External Relations)
Dr Tim Beasley-Murray
UCL Arts and Sciences
- Vice-Dean (International)
Professor Florian Mussgnug
- Vice-Dean (Graduate Studies)
Dr Andrew Flinn
UCL Information Studies
- Director of Operations
Tel: +44 20 3549 5378 (x 65378)
- Leads on Professional Services support in Arts & Humanities
- Leadership and management of Faculty operations, working closely with the Dean, the School of Finance Director and the Faculty Operations Manager.
- Provides specific advice to departments relating to human resources and staff management, resource management, risk management and business continuity, estates strategies, planning and information technology support.
Diary: Dania Herrera
- Operations Manager
Tel: +44 20 3108 7808 (x 57808)
- Supports all Faculty operational functions including HR, Estates and Finance
- Leads on training, development and wellbeing for administrative staff across the Faculty
- Faculty Project Manager
Marketing and Communications
- Marketing & Communications Manager
Emma leads on:
- Managing the Faculty’s internal and external communications and marketing on a strategic and operational level.
- Managing the areas of student recruitment, internal communications, media relations and brand management, and managing the Faculty MarComms team members.
- Providing MarComms expertise and advising on communication and marketing practices across the Faculty.
- Faculty Communications and Digital Content Officer
Shirley leads on:
- Managing the Faculty's external and internal communications to raise the profile of the Faculty and enhance visibility of key messages.
- Managing the Faculty's social media channels (Twitter and Instagram) and the Faculty staff newsletter.
- Managing the Faculty website and offer best practice advice for website operation.
- Faculty Student Recruitment Marketing Officer
Sam leads on:
- Leading on UK and international student recruitment for the faculty.
- Managing student recruitment marketing materials for deployment as part of student recruitment plan.
- Working with colleagues across the faculty to deliver high profile in-person and digital recruitment events.
- Joint Faculty Research Development Manager
Luis leads on:
- Research development and planning
- Research facilitation and support for grant applications
- Project management and support for REF2021
- Secretary to the SLASH Research Committee
- Research Facilitator
Dr Henriette Bruun
- Faculty Research Administrator
- Joint Faculty Tutor
Dr Arne Hofmann
- Oversight of Learning and Teaching in the Joint Faculties and development and implementation of the Joint Faculty Learning and Teaching Strategy, including agenda setting and acting as formal chair of the Joint Faculty Teaching Committee
- Representing the Joint Faculties in Learning and Teaching related UCL committees
- Oversight of assessment as chair of the Joint Faculty Board of Examiners
- Faculty authority in all student and student casework matters
- Faculty-level admissions decisions and admissions monitoring
- Deputy Joint Faculty Tutor
Mr Ashley Doolan
- Coordinating Faculty quality assurance and enhancement processes;
- Advising on and reviewing proposals to create or amend programmes of study;
- Supporting student academic representation;
- Annual and exceptional system improvement and review projects, such as Annual Academic Review and the Academic Model Project;
- Supporting and advising academic-related professional services staff on policy and procedure;
- In partnership with the Faculty Tutor, representing the Faculty on numerous UCL committees and working groups, such as the Education Committee.
In addition, Ashley also deputises for the Faculty Tutor, Dr Arne Hofmann, during busy times or periods of annual leave.
SLASH covers UCL's Faculties of Arts & Humanities, Social & Historical Sciences, and Laws.
- SLASH Head of Finance
Mr Ian Davis
- New/replacement staffing requests
- Staffing forecasts
- Student number targets
- New initiatives
- Fee levels
- Head of HR (SLASH)
Mr Ronnie Davidson
- SLASH Head of IT
Mr Sanjay Karia
Joint Faculty Office
- Head of Student Casework
Ms Celia MacDougall
- First point of contact for advising current students, academic staff and departments on all matters relating to changes of student status and pastoral care issues that have been escalated to Faculty level (withdrawal and interruption of study, change of programme, attendance problems and student complaints)
- Manages the administrative functions for students' changes in registration, pastoral care, examinations and progression
- Liaises with Student Loans Company regarding student funding and changes in circumstances
- Supports the Faculty Tutor
- Joint Faculty Quality Assurance & Governance Officer
Ms Farhiya Hassan
- Secretary to Joint Faculty learning and teaching committees
- Supporting the Deputy Faculty Tutor with quality assurance and enhancement processes, programme and module approval and student academic representation
- Coordinating Faculty-level procedures related to Boards of Examiners and processing results, awards and prizes
- Administrator for the Octagon Funding Scheme and Wolfson Scholarships
- Casework Officer
- Producing centrally held data (student, recruitment and HESA) particularly in relation to Athena SWAN
- Joint Faculties Education Administrator
- Joint Faculties Education Administrator
- London Arts and Humanities Partnership (LAHP) Manager
- ESRC Doctoral Training Centre (DTC) Manager
Ms Vanessa Riegl-Parr
- Project Manager (Academic Development)
Tel: +44 (0)207 679 5178 (x 25178)
- Faculty Learning Technology Lead