CSCA: Orientations Workshop
23 November 2021, 5:00 pm–7:00 pm
Orientations: An Exploratory Workshop on the Topic of Orientations
This event is free.
Danae Filioti – History of Art
Room 34716 Taviton Street (SSEES)16 Taviton StreetLondonWC1H 0BW
The short talks presented as a part of Orientations will explore the turning away from and toward people, places, concepts, materials, politics, objects, and so forth. The presentations are not meant to be polished, final statements, but full of the tensions, questions, and loose threads of research in progress. A collaborative thinking through of the material by the group as a whole will follow the individual talks.
- Caitrin Barrett-Donlon on Yvonne Rainer’s AG Indexical, with a little help from H.M. (2006)
- Daisy Clery on Vija Celmins’ Desert Floor #1 (1991) and Desert Floor #2 (1992)
- Jacqueline Mabey on the Crusades (1981) episode of Glenn O’Brien’s TV Party (1978-1982)
- Louis Shankar on David Wojnarowicz’s Untitled (One Day This Kid…) (1990/91)
- Kitty Whittell on Katherine Behars’ Clicks (2014) and Buffering (2014)
This is a hybrid event taking place online and in person in Room 347, 16 Taviton Street, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies, London WC1H 0BW.