Your Universe: the 11th UCL Festival of Astronomy and Particle Physics has successfully ended
The 12th Your Universe Festival will take place on March 2017.
The festival is open to schools, families and the general public. All events are free of charge, but if you would like to organise a school booking please get in touch here.
Events and activities
- Public lectures
- Demonstrations and presentations in our exhibition
- Meet scientists
- Try out telescopes and observe the Sun and Moon!
2017 dates to be updated in the summer of 2016
- Thursday and Friday daytime: Pre-booked Primary and Secondary school groups.
- Thursday and Friday evenings: Lectures and observing (weather permitting) for the general public.
- Saturday: Exhibition 14:00-17:00 for schools and the general public. Weather permitting, telescopes will be out after sunset to look at the Moon and planets Mars and Venus. Lecture 17:00-19:00.
...draws the attention to the endless possibilities and enormous mystery hidden in the infinite vastness of the Cosmos. In the end it gives the observer little choice but to go and see for themselves... (Rob Leonetti)
Jupiter as seen with a small telescope
" This was our second time attending the festival, and we’ll definitely be back. The two lectures were excellent, very well pitched for all abilities with ample time for questions at the end. The speakers’ enthusiasm and beautifully illustrated presentations were a complete joy, and the other activities taking place during the day in the quad and cloisters were also very enjoyable. Highly recommended to anyone with an interest in the universe! " S.B. March 15th, 2010
Website last updated 21st March 2016