UCL Your Universe
UCL's annual festival of astronomy, astrophysics and particle physics
The 12th Your Universe festival will take place on 2–4 March, 2017. As usual we have a host of exhibitions about all things astronomical, and a great line-up of evening lectures.
The festival is open to schools, families and the general public. All events are free of charge, but if you would like to organise a school booking please get in touch.
Events and activities
- Public lectures
- Demonstrations and presentations
- Meet scientists and talk about their research
- Try out telescopes and observe the Sun, the Moon and planet Venus (weather permitting)
Your Universe takes place in the Wilkins Building and Main Quad of UCL. See Contact for a map/directions.
- Thursday and Friday daytime (2 and 3 March): Pre-booked Primary school groups (morning) and Secondary school groups (afternoon).
- Thursday and Friday evenings (2 and 3 March): Lectures and telescope observing (weather permitting) for the general public.
- Saturday (4 March): Exhibition 14:00-17:00 for schools and the general public, plus a lecture in the evening (18:00) and telescope observing (weather permitting)
" "This was our second time attending the festival, and we’ll definitely be back. The two lectures were excellent, very well pitched for all abilities with ample time for questions at the end. The speakers’ enthusiasm and beautifully illustrated presentations were a complete joy, and the other activities taking place during the day were also very enjoyable. Highly recommended to anyone with an interest in the universe!" - S.B. March 15th, 2010
Website last updated: 4 March 2017