Teaching and Learning Portal
"This award has inspired me to experiment with activities outside the normal lecture format."
Dominic Furniss, UCL Interaction Centre
Provost's Teaching Awards
UCL is committed to providing outstanding, research-led teaching. The Provost’s Teaching Awards were set up to celebrate the best of pedagogic prowess at UCL and to reward staff who are making outstanding contributions to the learning experience and success of our students.
They also demonstrate UCL’s commitment to:
- Improving teaching, learning and assessment as an ongoing process
- Highlighting and rewarding achievements which support teaching and learning
- Attracting and retaining world-class staff
Each year Deans, in consultation with heads of departments, are invited to
nominate staff for the Provost’s Teaching Awards.
Professor Anthony Smith, Vice-Provost (Education), runs the scheme in collaboration with the UCL Centre for the Advancement of Learning and Teaching (CALT) and the HR Division.
"Our vision is for UCL to be recognised as a global leader in teaching as well as in research," says Anthony. "These awards recognise and reward the talent and innovation of our staff in giving students an inspirational learning experience."
The Provost recently invited nominations for the 2013 Provost's Teaching Awards. The categories are:
- Beginning of academic career (individual award)
- Experienced academic staff (individual award)
- Supporting student learning (individual award)
- Postgraduate teaching assistant (individual award)
- Team collaboration and achievement in teaching (team award)
- Internationalised department (team award)
- Student Choice Awards (a separate scheme new to 2013, run by UCLU)
The deadline for submissions is Monday 13 May 2013. Submissions criteria can be viewed on the CALT website.
Page last modified on 18 apr 13 09:56
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7679 5992 (internal extension 45992).