Teaching and Learning Portal
- News and features
- UCL's teaching and learning priorities
- Teaching and learning methods
- Tools and technologies
- Case studies
- Professional development and qualifications
- Awards and funding
- Vice-Provost (Education & Student Affairs)
"This award has inspired me to experiment with activities outside the normal lecture format."
Dominic Furniss, UCL Interaction Centre
Provost's Teaching Awards
UCL is committed to providing outstanding, research-led teaching. The Provost’s Teaching Awards were set up to celebrate the best of pedagogic prowess at UCL and to reward staff who are making outstanding contributions to the learning experience and success of our students.
They also demonstrate UCL’s commitment to:
- Improving teaching, learning and assessment as an ongoing process
- Highlighting and rewarding achievements which support teaching and learning
- Attracting and retaining world-class staff
The 2014 Awards
The Provost’s Teaching Awards 2014 ceremony was held on Monday 9 June 2014 at the Institute of Child Health, Guilford Street.
Awards were made in three categories:
Individual Teaching Award (certificate plus salary bonus of £2,500 (before tax))
Award for Team Collaboration and Achievement in Teaching (certificates plus £5,000 per team (before tax))
CPD and Short Courses Award (Certificate(s) plus salary bonus of £2,500 (before tax) for an individual or £5,000 for a team (before tax) or £5,000 added to a Departmental budget)
Entrance for the 2014-15 awards is not yet open.
Page last modified on 02 sep 14 17:22
Tell us about the inspiring teaching and learning taking place in your department: email email@example.com