Professor David Walker has been awarded the Institute of Physics (IOP)
Optics and Photonics Prize for 2014. More...
Students and staff at UCL’s teaching observatory, the University of London Observatory, have spotted one of the closest supernova to Earth in recent decades. At 19:20 GMT on 21 January, a team of students – Ben Cooke, Tom Wright, Matthew Wilde and Guy Pollack – assisted by Dr Steve Fossey, spotted the exploding star in nearby galaxy Messier 82 (the Cigar Galaxy). More...
Five members of the Department have been commended by the Royal Astronomical Society in their 2014 awards: More...
Welcome to the research pages of the Astrophysics Group. The main research topics are listed in the left-hand menu, incorporating the following sub-groups:
- Astronomical Instrumentation (Optical Science Laboratory)
- (Exo)Planetary Systems
- Stars, Star Formation and Galaxy Evolution
In addition, we are linked to:
We also work closely with the following groups at UCL:
- Atomic, Molecular, Optical and Positron Physics (AMOPP)
- Centre for Cosmic Chemistry & Physics
- Mullard Space Science Labs (Space and Climate Physics & Astronomical Detectors) (MSSL)
- Planetary Geology
- Theoretical Atomic and Molecular Physics and Astrophysics (TAMPA)
- Centre for Planetary Science (CPS)
Page last modified on 30 jul 13 09:51 by Alexandra N D Fanghanel