UCL School of Pharmacy
- Current Students
- Staff Intranet
- Pharmacy News Publication
- Pharmacy Events Publication
- News and events
- Behavioural medicine and treatment optimisation events
- Biodiversity and medicines events
- Disease models and clinical pharmacology events
- Drug discovery events
- Global workforce and education events
- Molecular drug delivery and nanomedicine events
- Neuroscience in health & disease events
- Pharmaceutical materials and dosage form design events
- DTP Events
- CDT Old Events
Gareth R. Williams, Kaat Fierens, Stephen G. Preston, Daniel Lunn, Oliwia Rysnik, Sofie De Prijck, Mirjam Kool, Hannah C. Buckley, Bart N. Lambrecht, Dermot O’Hare and Jonathan M. Austyn. Immunity induced by a broad class of inorganic crystalline materials is directly controlled by their chemistry. J. Exp. Med. 2014, 211, 1019.
Deng-Guang Yu, Xiao-Yan Li, Xia Wang, Jun-He Yang, S.W. Annie Bligh, and Gareth R. Williams. Nanofibers fabricated using triaxial electrospinning as zero order drug delivery systems. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2015, 7, 18891.
Alexander Clout, Asma B. M. Buanz, Timothy J. Prior, Christina Reinhard, Yue Wu, Dermot O’Hare, Gareth R. Williams, and Simon Gaisford. Simultaneous differential scanning calorimetry – synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction: A powerful technique for physical form characterisation in pharmaceutical materials. Anal. Chem. 2016.
Dr Gareth Williams
Senior Lecturer in Pharmaceutics
Tel: 0207 753 5868
- Programme Director for MSc in Pharmaceutics and MSc in Pharmaceutical Formulation & Entrepreneurship
- Research cluster lead for "Fabrication & Synthetic Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery".
- Nanoscale polymer-based fibres for drug delivery and in tissue engineering.
- Inorganic nanomaterials and their applications in drug delivery, as vaccine additives to enhance immunogenicity, and magnetic resonance imaging.
- The application of in situ synchrotron diffraction and combined techniques to study pharmaceutical transformations.
Current teaching on the MPharm:
- Project supervisor for 4th year internal and Erasmus project students.
- Lecturer on “Making safe and effective medicines” (1st year), "Medicines from the bench to the clinic" (2nd year), and “Biopharmaceuticals and biosimilars” (4th year).
Current teaching on the MSc in Pharmaceutics and MSc in Pharmaceutical Formulation & Entrepreneurship:
- Module leader and lecturer for “Analysis and quality control”.
- Lecturer on “Preformulation”, “Pharmaceutical Biotechnology”, and “Nanomedicines”.
- MSc project supervision.
Current collaborations and partnerships
- Vaccine adjuvant development: Prof Dermot O’Hare, Prof Jon Austyn (University of Oxford); Prof Bart Lambrecht (Ghent University).
- Polymer-based and solid state inorganic drug delivery systems: Prof Li-Min Zhu (Donghua University); Prof Deng-Guang Yu (University of Shanghai for Science and Technology); Prof Dermot O’Hare (University of Oxford); Prof Xue Duan, Prof David Evans, Prof Min Wei, Prof Xiaodong Lei (Beijing University of Chemical Technology); Prof Dongpeng Yan (Beijing Normal University); Dr Nick Chatterton (Open University).
- Tissue engineering of the right heart outflow tract: Member of “TEH-Tube” FP7-funded consortium with Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris, Celyad, Statice SAS, Rescoll, Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, and Euram Ltd. Link: http://teh-tube.eu/
- Understanding and controlling physical form in pharmaceutical materials: Prof Simon Gaisford, Dr Christoph Salzmann, Prof Jawwad Darr, Dr Dewi Lewis (UCL); Dr Yue Wu (University of Cambridge); Dr Colin Seaton, Dr Richard Telford (University of Bradford); Dr Tasnim Munshi, Prof Ian Scowen (University of Lincoln); Dr Tim Prior (University of Hull).
- MChem Hons Chemistry, 1st, University of Oxford 2002
- DPhil in Materials Chemistry, University of Oxford, 2005
- PG Cert in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education, London Metropolitan University, 2011
Awaiting server response...