- UCL Medical School
- Undergraduate Programmes Home
- About UCL Medical School
- Why Study at UCL Medical School?
- MBBS Programme Information
- MBBS Admissions & Transfers
- Visiting Student Electives
- BSc and IBSc
- MB PhD Programme
- Foundation Training Programme
- Contact us
The Holborn Union Infirmary opened in 1879. In 1948 it became part of
the Whittington Hospital and known as the Archway Wing. Fifty years
later, in 1998, it was sold by the NHS and jointly purchased by
Middlesex University and UCL.
This campus serves as a focus for initiatives in Multiprofessional Education, Informatics, Clinical Research and Health Services Research. These are being developed and integrated with the aim of improving clinical education, supporting clinical practice and benefiting local communities.