Bibliometrics support and training
These pages have information on training sessions at UCL and external training resorces relating to bibliometrics. For help, guidance or individual training in bibliometrics contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCL training sessions
UCL Library Services offers training on bibliometrics as part of some scheduled training programmes. Sessions may also be arranged on demand. Contact your librarian for more information or to make an appointment.
These sessions look at the use of bibliometrics as a measure of the impact of articles, journals or authors, including journal impact factors and h-index.
To book a place please email email@example.com. This session is also part of the Doctoral School Skills Development programme. Postgraduate research students at UCL should book a place by logging in via the programme website.
Starts: Mar 13, 2018 2:00:00 PM
Presentations and materials from recent events
Bibliometrics and Evaluation of Research Performance: a guide for researchers, 12 October 2017. Kennedy Lecture Theatre, UCL Institute of Child Health.
- Bibliometrics in a nutshell. Presentation by Lea Lipitakis, Clarivate Analytics
- Evaluate research performance with InCites. Presentation by Rachel Mangan, Clarivate Analytics.
- Responsible metrics in practice - a LIS-BIBLIOMETRICS event. This event will be held in London on Tuesday 30 January 2018, hosted and sponsored by Altmetric. It will include a keynote from David Price, Vice Provost (Research) at UCL and Chair of the Responsible Metrics Forum
- Web of Science Service for UK Education - Free June 2016 Workshops: Thomson Reuters Bibliometrics & Research Evaluation
- CWTS Leiden training and education
- MyRI: An Open Access toolkit to support bibliometrics training and awareness (especially Modules 2 and 3)
- Thomson Reuters live and recorded webex training (Web of Science, Journal Citation Reports, InCites, ResearcherID)