Profile & Legacies Summary
???? - 1837
Claimant or beneficiary
Given as Boydon [sic] Lamont in the Parliamentary Papers, but more usually shown as Boyden.
- Will of Boyden Lamont of Trinidad planter but now in the City of Glasgow proved 18/12/1837. In the will he left the Canaan estate to his [half-] brother John Lamont (q.v.). His executors were John Lamont, Alexander Lamont writer to the signet of Edinburgh, James Lamont of the Royal Navy and 'my friend' George Cole merchant of Glasgow. He left to James Lamont and another brother, Dugald 'Assistant Surgeon in the Army of His Britannic Majesty' any property unconnected with Trinidad or his affairs with George Cole.
- The will has not yet been traced in the PROB 11/ records but is indexed and carried on Ancestry.com, England and Wales, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills, 1384-1858 [database online].
Name in compensation records
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1828 [EA] - 1828 [LA] → Owner
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Central Scotland, Scotland