NIHR Clinical Research Network hosts announced
9 September 2013
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) has announced changes to the organisational structure of the NIHR Local Clinical Research Networks (LCRNs).
Each LCRN is hosted by an existing NHS Trust. UCLH (and all other UCL Partner Hospitals) is part of the Central and East London LCRN.
The 15 NHS Trusts / Foundation Trusts who will act as Network Hosts are:
• Barts Health NHS Trust (will host the Central and East London LCRN)
• Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• Guys’ and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
• Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
• Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
• Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
• Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
• Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
• The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Foundation Trust
• University Hospitals Bristol Foundation Trust
• University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust
• University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
The NIHR Networks are responsible for the distribution of network-wide funding to pay for research nurses, scans, x-rays and other costs associated with carrying out clinical research in the NHS. In addition, the Networks will help to increase the opportunities for patients to take part in clinical research, and will be responsible for making sure that studies are carried out efficiently.
Page last modified on 09 sep 13 09:37