Joint Research Office News
- What does the JRO do?
- Post Approval
- Academic Clinical Trials
- Commercial Research
- Training and Education
- Patient and Public Involvement
- Funding Opportunities
- JRO News
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Clinical Trials Units (CTUs)
- UCLH Patient Flag
- Information and tools to help prepare your study submitted to the JRO
UCLH launches 2013 research award
22 July 2013
The Joint Research Office (JRO) is delighted to announce the launch of the 2013 UCLH staff award for Contribution to World Class Research.
This is the second year of the award being featured in the Trust’s Celebrating Excellence Awards. Last year’s award went to Professor Derek Yellon and his team for the strength of their collaborations, publication outputs and pioneering work in translational Cardiology research.
This year, as well as inviting UCLH staff and patients to make a nomination, the JRO will be directly approaching research leads and investigators for nominations.
Researchers, UCL staff and research leads are strongly encouraged to put in a nomination - deadline is 31 October 2013.
The purpose of the award is to recognise individuals or teams who have shown remarkable achievements in delivering innovative, world-class research at UCLH and in meeting objectives set out by both the Trust and the National Institute for Health Research.
Nominations can be for new or experienced researchers or teams.
Nominations should demonstrate all or at least 1 of the following:
- outstanding contribution to the development of novel, innovative treatments, interventions or methodologies
- excellence in the delivery and recruitment of patients to research studies
- contribution to the engagement and support of research participants and patient groups
- excellence in delivering a portfolio of innovative, world class research with direct benefits to patients.
If you wish to speak with a member of the JRO about the award or nomination process, please contact Rajinder Sidhu (Deputy Director, Joint Research Office) on r.sidhu(@)nhs.net or Rosamund Yu (Communications and PPI Manager, Joint Research Office) on Rosamund.yu(@)ucl.ac.uk.
Page last modified on 22 jul 13 11:39