Photographic, Print, Scanning and digitisation costs
Photographic and Group Photography Charges
Standard photography charges
We aim to keep our charges competitive and fees are based on an hourly rate of £40.00, we have a minimum charge of £10.00. Our normal operating hours are 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Out of hours work is by arrangement only. For any work requests which are required outside of these hours, we charge £50.00 per hour and £80.00 per hour at weekends.
Student and/or Staff Groups
We charge £40.00 per group, this includes one proof print and a web sized digital image.
Scanning and "Flat copy" charges
High resolution scanning / copying – From Artwork, Document, Print, Transparencies (Slides) or Negatives
|Scan Type - size||1||2 - 10||11 - 50||51 - 99||100+|
|HQ Scan for Print output e.g.A2 @ 300ppi, 8 or 16bit 100mb||10.00||9.00||8.00||7.00||By Quotation|
|HQ Scan for Print up to A4 @ 300ppi, 8 or 16bit – 25mb||10.00||7.00||6.00||5.00||By Quotation|
|From 35mm slide for print at approx A4||10.00||6.00||5.00||4.50||By Quotation|
Auto-Scan from 35mm slide@ 300ppi
Copying of Artwork, Prints and Published items for UCL teaching purposes
COPY from Artwork
||1||2 - 10||11 - 50||51 - 100||100+|
|.tif, .jpg, .png or .gif||5.00||4.50||4.25||4.00||By Quotation|
Flatbed scanning of Documents or prints
|Quantity||1||2 - 10||11 - 50||51 - 100||100+|
|Tiff or Jpeg||5.00||4.60||4.30||4.00||By Quotation|
|inc. OCR Pdf||2.50||1.80||1.40||1.00||0.50|
Photographic quality print charges
We produce high quality prints on campus. Printing is undertaken using inkjet technology, Our service offers printing up to A2+ in size.
For the production of posters and for prints A2+ and above, please visit the Design web pages for pricing and further information.
Our workflow is a professional, colour profiled process.
|Print Size||6"x 4”||6” x 9"||A4||A3||6” x 16”||A2|
Specifications of digitisation services offered
1. All “Hasselblad Flextight” High Quality scans are inclusive of cleaning, colour balancing, cropping and retouching where needed, scans are provided at 300dpi unless otherwise requested.
2. PowerPoint and Web quality scans are ‘dust busted’ colours balanced and cropped and are provided at 96dpi and at 1024 pixels (width or height).
3. "Auto-Scans" are “full frame”, dust busted with auto colour correction applied and are provided at 300dpi unless otherwise requested.
4. Digital copying of artwork, photographic prints, published material, books and other similar artefacts are undertaken using either Hasselblad or Canon high quality digital cameras.
5. Document scans are produced using a machine fed bulk scanner with auto settings applied.
6. All images are colour profiled and saved as "AdobeRGB-1998 " unless requested otherwise
7. All images are written to either CD or DVD as required. Web scans can be emailed.