Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
An official transcript, detailing
examinations taken and results achieved, is issued automatically to all
graduating students and sent to their contact addresses as held on PORTICO except for students eligible to receive the Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) (refer to the information below).
Transcripts for affiliate students are issued automatically upon the students’ completion of their study at UCL and are despatched as follows: -
- JYA, Exchange and Erasmus Students – transcripts are issued to the students’ home universities.
- Independent affiliate students – transcripts are posted to the students’ contact addresses.
The Examinations Section can produce additional transcripts for students on taught programmes as well as for affiliate students on request (refer to the information below).
Transcripts are not produced for research degrees, but research students may instead obtain a Statement of Student Status from the Student Centre.
Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
students (excluding affiliates, MBBS and some MPharm students) who commenced their
studies in or after September 2011 will have a Higher Education Achievement
Report (HEAR) made available to them online each summer. The HEAR is an electronic transcript of your verified academic and non-degree related achievements which replaces your current transcript that you would have received at the end of your studies.
New students will be invited to register for
this facility provided by our HEAR provider - Gradintel - during their first year of study and throughout their studies.
The HEAR can be shared as a token with third parties, however, certified printed copies of the HEAR are available from the Examinations Section upon request. The
procedure and fee for printed HEAR requests is the same as for transcript requests (refer to the information below).
For further information regarding the HEAR (including whether you are eligible), please refer to the webpage at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hear.
|How do I request a transcript?|
The UCL Examinations Section require a written and signed request in order to produce and release a copy of your academic transcript. Your written request should include the following: -
- Your name as held on the UCL records if you have changed your name since leaving UCL;
- Your degree/diploma title and year of graduation (or years of attendance if you did not graduate);
- The number of transcripts you require;
- The address(es) for posting of transcripts.
- Your signature – we are unable to process requests which have not been signed by the student.
Written transcript requests can be sent to us via the following methods: -
- By post to the address at the foot of this page
- By fax (fax number: +44 (0)20 7679 7879)
- By email – your signed letter should be scanned and then emailed to email@example.com as an attachment.
Alternatively, you may make your request in person at our counter (see the foot of this page for our location and hours). Please note that requests made in person are subject to the same fee and processing time as requests received by other methods. You may, however, opt to collect your transcript(s) in person at a later date. A member of staff will advise you of when the transcripts will be ready for collection. If collecting your transcripts in person, you will be required to show a form of photographic ID such as a passport, driving licence or UCL ID card.
|Is there a fee? How can I pay?|
There is a fee for processing transcripts.
Current Students: (This fee applies until 31 December in the year of leaving UCL).
1 to 10 copies: £3 per transcript
11 to 20 copies: £70
21 to 30 copies: £100
31-40 copies: £150
1 to 10 copies: £10 per transcript
11 to 20 copies: £250
21 to 30 copies: £350
31 to 40 copies £450
These fees include postage to either a UK address or airmail postage to all overseas addresses. Payment can be made by the following methods:
- Sterling cheque or sterling banker's draft made payable to "University College London", and sent with your written request to the address at the foot of this page.
- Credit/Debit Card (excluding American Express, Solo). Payments can be taken by phone once your signed request has been received.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept payments made in foreign currencies.
If you are currently living outside the UK and would find it difficult to make payment, then you may ask someone else to pay on your behalf, provided that you have submitted the transcript request yourself.
|How long will it take to receive my transcript?|
Requests for transcripts should be made in good time, and at least 10 working days before they are required. The Examinations Section will aim to process requests within 10 working days of receipt of a signed request accompanied by the relevant fee. You will need to allow extra time for the posting of transcripts, especially to overseas destinations. At certain times the processing time may be longer, for example during the Main Examination Period (April - June).
Please note that requests for transcripts of academic records dating from the period prior to 1993 will take longer as these records were not computerised and the transcripts have to be produced manually using paper records retrieved from the UCL archives.
|My request is urgent, can I fax my written request?|
Requests made by fax can be accepted, however transcripts will NOT be
released if payment has not been received. Many former students from overseas
are concerned that their request will be delayed while they try to obtain a
sterling banker's draft. It is possible for an appointed person in the UK to
make payment (either in person or by post) on your behalf as long as you have
provided their details in your written request. Please mark faxed requests for
the attention of the "Examinations Section".
|Points to Note:|
- Transcript requests received without a signature or without the relevant fee paid in pounds sterling will NOT be processed.
- A transcript is an official document containing the UCL seal and CANNOT be emailed or faxed.
- If you would like to nominate someone to collect the transcript(s) on your behalf then you must provide that person’s details in your signed request.
|Our Contact Details|
If you have any further queries regarding the request of transcripts then please feel free to contact us.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7679 4126 Fax: +44 (0)20 7679 7879
Head of Examinations
Student and Registry Services
University College London
LONDON WC1E 6BT
You may also visit us in person. Our counter is open to visitors from Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm and is located in Room G06, Ground Floor of the Registry Corridor, South Wing.
Page Editor - Examinations
Page last modified on 03 apr 14 10:42