Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
An official transcript, detailing
examinations taken and results achieved, is issued automatically to all
graduating students and sent to their contact addresses as held on PORTICO.
Transcripts for affiliate students are issued automatically upon the students’ completion of their study at UCL and are despatched as follows: -
- JYA, Exchange and Erasmus Students – transcripts are issued to the students’ home universities.
- Independent affiliate students – transcripts are posted to the students’ contact addresses.
Assessment and Student Records can produce
additional transcripts for students on taught programmes as well as for affiliate students via the UCL Transcript Shop.
Transcripts are not produced for research degrees, but research students may instead obtain a Statement of Student Status from the Student Centre.
Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR)
students (excluding affiliates, MBBS, IOE and some MPharm students) who commenced their
studies in or after September 2011 will have a Higher Education Achievement
Report (HEAR) made available to them online each summer. The HEAR is an electronic transcript of your verified academic and non-degree related achievements.
New students will be invited to register for
this facility provided by our HEAR provider - Gradintel - during their first year of study and throughout their studies.
Students can share their HEAR as a secure electronic token with third parties, who can print it, via their registered Gradintel account, but it should be noted
that the printed version is no longer a verified record by UCL. Certified printed copies of the HEAR are available upon request.
For further information regarding the HEAR (including whether you are eligible), please refer to the webpage at http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hear.
|How do I request a transcript?|
You can request copies of your transcript from the UCL Transcript Shop. You will be required to register with the Transcript Shop to order your transcript(s) if you have not already done so. You will receive an email to your registered email address when your transcript order has been received by UCL.
Transcripts cannot be provided for the following:
- Research Degrees - please contact the Student Centre for a statement of award;
- MBBS Pre-Clinical and Clinical Degrees - please contact the Medical School for these. If you have received an IBSc award and merely require a transcript for the IBSc Degree, this can be done via the UCL Transcript Shop;
- Transcripts for students who studied at SSEES prior to the merger in 1999 - please contact SSEES directly.
- Transcripts for students who studied at the School of Pharmacy prior to the merger in 2011 - please contact the School of Pharmacy directly.
Is there a fee?
The fee for processing transcripts is £10 per transcript (as of 12 August 2015).
These fees include postage to either a UK address or airmail postage to all overseas addresses.
|How long will it take to receive my transcript?|
It takes around 10 working days to produce transcripts from the date of purchase from the UCL Transcript Shop, therefore you will need to make your request in good time, and at least 10 working days before they are required. If you are selecting for your transcripts to be posted, you will need to allow extra time for delivery, especially to overseas destinations. All transcripts are sent by Royal Mail Standard Delivery/Standard International Delivery.
If you choose to collect your transcripts, they will be ready around 10 working days after the receipt of your order. Transcripts are collected from the Student Centre which is open Monday-Friday, 10am-4pm. The Student Centre is located in the Chadwick Building to your right as you enter the main campus from Gower Street and is accessible via steps or a ramp. If they are not ready for collection after 10 working days, please contact us.
At certain times the processing time may be longer, for example
during the Main Examination Period (April - June) and around the Postgraduate results release dates (November-January).
Please note that requests for transcripts of academic records dating from the period prior to 1993 will take longer as these records were not computerised and the transcripts have to be produced manually using paper records retrieved from the UCL archives.
|Point to Note:|
- A transcript is an official document containing the UCL seal and CANNOT be emailed or faxed.
- Transcripts CANNOT be prioritised due to the volume of transcript requests received and will be produced within the standard time-frame as detailed above.
- If transcripts are not collected within one month of the date of request, they will be destroyed and you will have to submit a further request if required.
|Our Contact Details|
Please contact us at the email address below if you are sending additional information that has not been entered on your online request form (i.e. change of address, attaching a form to be included with the transcript).
You should only contact us if your transcripts have not arrived at their destination(s) after one month from receipt of your order or if they are not ready to collect from the Student Centre 10 working days after your request was made.
If you have any other queries regarding the request of transcripts then please feel free to contact us.
IOE students email: email@example.com
Assessment and Student Records
Student and Registry Services
University College London
LONDON WC1E 6BT
Page Editor - Examinations