- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Harry Michalakakis wins award at the National Student Challenge 2013
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab website goes live
- Congratulations to Professor Haroun Mahgerefteh awarded an Eminent Scholar Program grant.
- The Royal Academy of Engineering/The Leverhulme Trust Senior Research Fellowship awarded to Dr Lettieri
- MSc Summer School, 10-11 June 2014
- MSc Bursaries
- ChemEng Day April 2014
- Department of Chemical Engineering achieves Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Year in Industry Vacancy with Centrica
- 2013/14 Undergraduate prizes
ChemEng Day April 2014
2 May 2014
This conference brought together researchers, engineers and scientists from around the UK and explored the latest technological advances and research results in core areas of chemical engineering.
The event comprised of a combination of a distinguished plenary speaker (Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens, Ramsay Memorial Professor and Head of Chemical Engineering Director, EPSRC Frontier Engineering Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering), along with parallel technical sessions with invited talks by leading experts from academia and industry, and interactive poster sessions, participants showcased their research efforts and technologies, and shared visions with researchers in the UK. New opportunities for collaborative effort were created and, in particular, industrialists were able to establish new dialogues and build relationships with universities in addition to developing links across industries.
We are pleased to announce that a number of our students and staff were awarded prestigious prizes.
Session 1: Sustainability and the energy-water-food nexus
1st Prize Anh Phan UNIVERSITY: UCL
Title: Aqueous Methane in Slit-Shaped Silica Nanopores: High Solubility and Traces of Hydrates
Session 2: Biological Engineering
1st Prize: Michele Lynch, UNIVERSITY: UCL
Title: Confinement Protection Effects of Mesoporous Silica, Inspired by Chaperonin Complexes
Session 3: Materials Innovation for the 21st century and Session 4: Increasing Manufacturing value
2nd Prize: Dina Ibrahim Abou El Amaiem
Title: Tailored for simplicity: Air-templated bio-based macroporous polymers
Session 5: Meeting Global Energy Demand
1st Prize: Massimiliano Materazzi, University: UCL
Title: Solid waste gasification: technical aspects and process performance of a two stage fluid bed-plasma process
Session 6: Other Research Themes
1st Prize: Dr Lilian de Martin, University: UCL
Title: Multidimensionality in fluidized nanoparticle agglomerates
Page last modified on 30 apr 14 14:57