- Paul Shearing - Most Cited Author
- Dr. Eva Sorensen awarded the ExxonMobil Excellence in Teaching Award
- Dr. Paola Lettieri’s article - one of the most cited
- Chemical Engineering triumphs in the UCL Inter-Departmental Football Tournament
- Chemical Engineering awarded ChemEngDayUK 2013 poster prizes
- Leon Brown wins ‘Focus on the Positives’ competition
- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Harry Michalakakis wins award at the National Student Challenge 2013
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab website goes live
£2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
19 July 2013
The EPSRC has awarded £2.95million to UCL for the
establishment of a new experimental and computational facility to study and
develop new materials and devices for electrochemical energy storage.
The UCL bid, led by Dr Paul Shearing, Dr Dan Brett (Department of Chemical Engineering) and Prof Xiao Guo (Department of Chemistry), is part a new national Centre for Grid Scale Energy Storage composed of nine universities (Imperial College London, University of Birmingham, University of Cambridge, Cardiff University, Newcastle University, University of Oxford, University of Sheffield, University of St Andrews, University College London) with total capital equipment funding of £14.3million.
The announcement was made by Rt Hon David Willetts, the UK's Minister for Universities and Science, at the Global Intelligent Systems conference in London, where he said: “For Britain to get ahead in the global race we have to back emerging technologies and ensure our universities have the latest equipment. This capital investment will help scientists make new discoveries and take their research through to commercial success. It will drive growth and support the Government’s industrial strategy.” (http://www.epsrc.ac.uk/newsevents/news/2013/Pages/85million.aspx)
Page last modified on 19 jul 13 16:33